Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62334.57

Thread: Poker terms

PokerOwned Veteran

Poker terms

I have heard about a few poker terms, while watching EPT live, but i don't really understand what they mean. Those terms are "nuts" and "gutshot"(I'm not sure about the grammar). Can anybody give me an explanation of those terms? An example also would be great! Ty!

You might find this helpful, it has those and many more Poker Terms - Online Poker Lingo Dictionary

PokerOwned Master
    You have a lot to learn in the poker world! Start reading now lol

If you havent heard of them terms then you might want to get a book or 2 before you just jump in and start playing, since your already here might as well earn as many points as you can before you start
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Pro
    and stop watching poker on TV - it will stunt your growth - they only show certain hands and use terms without explaining them =read a book or study online articles

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLops007 View Post
    I have heard about a few poker terms, while watching EPT live, but i don't really understand what they mean. Those terms are "nuts" and "gutshot"(I'm not sure about the grammar). Can anybody give me an explanation of those terms? An example also would be great! Ty!
    Nuts - the best possible hand at that moment.
    Gutshot - hen you have an inside straight draw (4 cards to make a hand) like 23 on 56x (4x 4's make your straight) board in opposition to open-ended staright draw (8 cards to make a hand) like 10J on QKx board (4x 9 and 4x A gives you a a straight)

There a a lot of terms that are used. Your better off reading about them instead of asking about them.

PokerOwned God
    Wow, you're clearly brand new to poker in general. Time to do some research.

To understand more of the poker terms, it is best if you play, discover and experience those terms yourself. Try playing at Betcoin™ and learn how those terms works and applied at the game.