Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70663.81

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Private

Poker Tells that Say "I Have a Weak Hand!"

Poker Tells that Say "I Have a Weak Hand!"
    •Staring Down Other Players
    If an opponent is staring you down, he’s trying to represent strength. Usually though, he has a weak hand – he might have something, but it’s something that can be beaten or drawn out on.

•Holding Breath
    Often, inexperienced players will hold their breath if they are bluffing.
    Poker Tells that Say "I Have a Drawing Hand."
    •Checking Hole Cards After a Flop
    If the flop shows the possibility of giving someone a flush or straight draw, watch for people re-checking their hole cards. They’re checking to see if they have a piece of it – whether that black Ace was a spade or a club. The player doesn’t have the flush or straight at that point, because if they did, they wouldn’t have to check, but she is seeing if she has a draw to it.

•Taking a Long Time Before Calling a Bet
    If a player looks into the pot and seems to be doing some calculating in his head, he probably is. He’s most likely figuring out the pot odds to see if it’s worth it to try and catch the cards he needs to complete his drawing hand.

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar
    Remember that it is illegal to reproduce someone else's work without crediting the author or creator.

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar
    Good beginner information, but beginner beware, a lot of these tells are well known, and can be purposely done to fake someone out.

One of my favorite things to do when I have the nuts or a really great hand is re check my cards, then peer at the board. Once again, another reason why you can't say anything concrete like:

Quote Originally Posted by mat the maori View Post
    The player doesn’t have the flush or straight at that point, because if they did, they wouldn’t have to check, but she is seeing if she has a draw to it.

Sergeant
    anyone could do any of the above just to trick you you should never try to assiocate 1 humber tell with a designed hand u should just play the player

There is no true tell in Texas Holden because a player may use that tell either way, strong or weak. How do you know?

New User
    what do u do when u cant see your opponent.....i think tells online are betting patterns......quickness of bet ( immediate re-raise after raise) .....size of bet.......if yyoure at a table long enough with the same players notice their patterns and remember their cards at showdown....take notes ...

PokerOwned Veteran
    its not as easy to read some one when playing online poker as it is playing accross from some one at a real table.

Corporal
    I agree that it is very difficult to read someone when you are playing online poker. While playing online poker it is important to pay attention to your game and try and figure out how your opponents play. I think this is an advantage when you pay attention because i believe many people who play poker online multitask.

Banned
    good information

Quote Originally Posted by CoddBrunson View Post
    Remember that it is illegal to reproduce someone else's work without crediting the author or creator.
    did you search this online and find it word for word somewhere else?

^^ Diablo 2 thing.. I spent many years of my life pissing off people on hardcore.^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast