Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned God

Playing middle pair

so i got a question for you skill poker players, how do you play middle pairs when face with a call, do you factor in your kicker, st8 or flush draws or stack size, let me hear some thoughts..ty

everything you said
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

PokerOwned God
    Yep you have to figure in everything. Your opponent and your gut as well.

play tighter, dont get in situations when all u have is middle pair, if ur calling preflop with middle pairs, either hit a set or dump it

PokerOwned Moderator CloudyMinded's Avatar
    for me it depends on all of that...how many ppl call, if ppl raise and how big my stack is...usually i'll call with middle pairs if ppl don't raise, just to see the flop

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by gametime74 View Post
    so i got a question for you skill poker players, how do you play middle pairs when face with a call, do you factor in your kicker, st8 or flush draws or stack size, let me hear some thoughts..ty
    all that and more ... images, pot odds etc.

PokerOwned God
    Are you talking of preflop or hitting a middlepair postflop ?

i may call a small raise but im looking to limp in and hit a set.. but i see alot of people that push with any small pair and i just dont get that play. if ya get called ur toast even to draw hands
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    Depends on the stack sizes and blinds at the time.

Let "H"=Hero (You) and "V"=Villain and E=Early in a tourny, M=Middle, L=Late.

1. E with both H and V having 35-50 BB's. See a flop and go set mining. Give up quickly if you don't hit your set.

2. E with H being short stacked "10-15" BB's and V being deep stacked (35-50) BB's. Again if you can see a cheap flop, do so. But only go set mining or if the flop all goes under your cards rank (you have an overpair)

3. M with H and V being both middle stacked "15-25" BB's Same as early in a tournament, set mining and give up if miss.

4. All other combinations-----Give up with a medium to large stack facing a raise, or if it's been called down, assume they have a big ace and only play if you hit an overpair or set. With a very short stack, re-raise all in and gamble. With a moderate short stack, fold immediately if facing a raise.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

PokerOwned Master
    I play by gut a lot of times but usually I factor in opponent,blinds, and stack sizes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast