Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70711.49

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well poker is never a sport in my view - it can be considered either a 'skill game' or a 'chance game' - and whether it is one or the other depends on factors such as blinds (once stack to pot ratio is low enough, then it is right for both players to move AI with most hands, resulting in gambling); and betting structure and the way in which each player approaches the game.

Elite PokerOwned Member maxima191's Avatar
    Most consider poker a game of skill if it's a sport so be it
    "Take My Bankroll-Plz!"

Poker Is Definitely More a Game of Skill Than of Chance

PokerOwned Pro
    Yes, there is an element of chance in poker. That is our probabilities and outs. But the smarter poker player knows when those odds are worth it, and when they aren't.

Experienced Member
    I think the dichotomy you've established is a faulty one, as regards whether poker is a game of skill or chance. It certainly isn't a sport, I am sure. But the game itself can be played as primarily a game of chance by players who choose to do so (looking to push on any/all coin flip situations). But, if you haven't the necessary skill, then your chances are slim at best. It's a game of intuition, probabilities, and manipulation.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    its not a sport in anyway at all an element of gambling and an element of skill but a lot of luck

its supposed to be a game of skill, dont know if that qualifies it as a sport or not but to watch people online its pure gambling, so would chess be considered a sport? since both use your mind and no physical activity i dunno!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    I guess whether it is a sport or not is subject to opinion...but it airs on ESPN and garners alot of sporting advertising dollars...

I believe poker is a sport, however it's a sport that most people don't take seriously. I play for recreation mostly, and to take my mind off of my troubles. But every now and then, I play to win so watch out

Elite PokerOwned Member bikkeromano's Avatar
    i realy think , that the pokergame ,,in this time is an sport ,,,,coz ,you need to prepare , have to study ,and practice to became a good player ,,,thars i think ..........ty bro ,,,,,,,,,
    im bikkeromano

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast