Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62509.75

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

poker, skill or luck?

for some reason it seems to me like people have lost respect for the game, or maybe its just lack of knowledge of the game? either way i think it takes the fun out of playing poker when people shove or call a raise with some off the wall hands. It makes it hard to add skill to the game, i have heard and i do agree that any two cards can win, i think thats were the luck is all at! most times when you do apply skill the other person wont fold their hand and most times they hit, taking away the fun, and robbing you of any skillful play.. i have seen some people play very loose and it works well for them but thats not me, i have no luck playing loose. so really all you can do is accept it, cuz not like you can get it back.. i think im there, i can accept the donking, we all do it, so why complain..skill will win more times than luck!!

if you are talking about free rolls, well that in itself says it all.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

lol yeah free rolls are a giving, what do you really have to lose in a free game? but not just free rolls money buy ins as well..

Elite PokerOwned Member
    adjust your gameplay people! having luck is only part of the game.... how many chips that luck gives you is up to your skill!!

PokerOwned Pro
    you need lots of luck to play at carbon

PokerOwned Master
    Its a little of both, it seems like lately everyone has luck except for me and it really getting sick

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    most times they hit, taking away the fun, and robbing you of any skillful play..
    They don't hit MOST of the time. They his based on the percentage that they have to hit. Yes, people play stupid, and many times they will suck out. That's the name of the game. That's when it comes down to keeping pots small and relying on smallball poker to win.

When I first started playing , I figured it was luck. After playing for a while, I figured it was luck and skill. After Black Friday , it's turned into a big old game of bingo, at least until the final tables.

Elite PokerOwned Member onehotdame's Avatar
    i am not qualified to say ~ obviously
    <Poof> I only want to kick those chickens that beat up the rooster

Elite PokerOwned Member RWPFhero's Avatar
    I think it requires a little bit of both. I think you have to get lucky to win tourneys, but you need to use yer skills to get deep into tourneys.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast