Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64444.72

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

My month long poker goals.

I have been grinding hard for about the last 8 days. I have made about $2500 in mixed games here on Carbon. I still have yet to right the mtt ship as of yet. I bubbled the $109 2.5k a few hours ago which was pretty frustrating. I have raked over $750 this month, putting me at Ether VIP. I don't know if I will make it to Carbon VIP..... that's a lot of grinding on top of a full class load. I hope to get @ least 14k Vip's, and make a run at it in March when Spring break hits. I hope to also get some benefit out of the Last Man Standing promo. (LMS) As of this post, there are still 187 people still alive in the promo. The LMS promo allows 3 days off, so I hope as the requirements intensify people start using those free days. I still have all my days left. Here is a link of the LMS promo: https://secure.carbonpoker.ag/last-man-standing.html
    As you can see, the promo runs through the end of March. I honestly don't see it going near that far though, as near the middle of March the requirements hit over $200 rake a day. I have raked $300 in two days, so I think I can make a deep run in this promo.... hopefully people start getting eliminated.
    For all you PO FR donks, take inspiration in this. I was a losing player until I found PO. In December I made 400,000 points in client and redeemed/sold points for Carbon and Paypal funds. Since December I have made a decent amount of money considering I just play for fun. Take the PO FR's and client seriously and you can use them as a launch pad into bigger and better games. Im hoping to request a $2000+ check the end of the month, and buy a new Macbook Pro.... my old Macbook which was a 2008 was stolen when I left it in my locked car at school.
    I will keep you guys posted, not that I need the motivation. Iv'e been playing a lot of stud and limit 08 and have been dreaming of playing them..... it's pretty sad lol. I played 2 straight days with only short breaks and was exhausted. I slept for 3 hours and woke up and couldn't stop thinking about the game or go back to sleep. I had to get my laptop out and fire up a couple hour session before I finally went back to sleep. I know know what Isildurr must be like. I open the FullTilt client up sporadically, and see him on the like all hours of the day. Maybe one day I will become fractionally as good as him, lol. I had a mtt goals thread up, but I just haven't run well at all in them so I kinda have been playing them sparingly. Imade a nice run in the $60 stud mtt tonight, only to have some idiot play a pair of 7's 3 way like they were the mortal nuts. I of course missed the entire deck..... I went runner runner 6's. LMFAO, I had a flush draw/straight draw combo + over cards to his 7's. It was so tilting. MEH.... Im over it.... KINDA.
    See you guys at the tables. Wish you all the best of luck.

PokerOwned Veteran
    dude thats inspiring....i wish u luck bro

PokerOwned Veteran
    Nice keep up the good work and grind it out...

Banned
    Good luck on the grind, keep us updated.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    gs gl i wish u the best, it sounds like its doable keep at it

I grinded out another $50 in rake today. I also took a shot @ 10-20 limit 2-7 triple draw when I saw a 3 handed game with a known limit mixed games fish. I played 12 hands and made $140 before the fish left the game. I followed him out of the game the very next hand. I didn't grind especially hard today. I was too preoccupied with school and went out for drinks with some friends. Overall my BR is still hovering around $2500. I am following the Last Man Standing promo with great anticipation. I am still in it with under 200 people left. Top 100 get @ least $25 free, with $5000 up top for 1st. I really hope people start getting eliminated quickly, and with the requirements getting progressively more difficult I expect they will. I just jumped into a semi-fishy 1-2 NL08 game, hope it goes well. See you guys around.
    Last edited by sickread23; 02-12-2013 at 11:53 PM.

PokerOwned God
    That is quite inspiring. Good job. I feel your pain on bubbling a big tournament buddy.

PokerOwned God
    Seems like you are doing great. Keep it going like this...

GL on ur quest. very nice broll now, sounds like u have enuff now for that new laptop too.u mentioned rakeback, i thought there was no more rakeback, but maybe u meant points rakeback. keep us up dated on ur promo standings too i cant believe ur managing school at the same time too. GL:
    Last edited by rrickir; 02-13-2013 at 03:18 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    I have been grinding hard for about the last 8 days. I have made about $2500 in mixed games here on Carbon. I still have yet to right the mtt ship as of yet. I bubbled the $109 2.5k a few hours ago which was pretty frustrating. I have raked over $750 this month, putting me at Ether VIP. I don't know if I will make it to Carbon VIP..... that's a lot of grinding on top of a full class load. I hope to get @ least 14k Vip's, and make a run at it in March when Spring break hits. I hope to also get some benefit out of the Last Man Standing promo. (LMS) As of this post, there are still 187 people still alive in the promo. The LMS promo allows 3 days off, so I hope as the requirements intensify people start using those free days. I still have all my days left. Here is a link of the LMS promo: https://secure.carbonpoker.ag/last-man-standing.html
    As you can see, the promo runs through the end of March. I honestly don't see it going near that far though, as near the middle of March the requirements hit over $200 rake a day. I have raked $300 in two days, so I think I can make a deep run in this promo.... hopefully people start getting eliminated.
    For all you PO FR donks, take inspiration in this. I was a losing player until I found PO. In December I made 400,000 points in client and redeemed/sold points for Carbon and Paypal funds. Since December I have made a decent amount of money considering I just play for fun. Take the PO FR's and client seriously and you can use them as a launch pad into bigger and better games. Im hoping to request a $2000+ check the end of the month, and buy a new Macbook Pro.... my old Macbook which was a 2008 was stolen when I left it in my locked car at school.
    I will keep you guys posted, not that I need the motivation. Iv'e been playing a lot of stud and limit 08 and have been dreaming of playing them..... it's pretty sad lol. I played 2 straight days with only short breaks and was exhausted. I slept for 3 hours and woke up and couldn't stop thinking about the game or go back to sleep. I had to get my laptop out and fire up a couple hour session before I finally went back to sleep. I know know what Isildurr must be like. I open the FullTilt client up sporadically, and see him on the like all hours of the day. Maybe one day I will become fractionally as good as him, lol. I had a mtt goals thread up, but I just haven't run well at all in them so I kinda have been playing them sparingly. Imade a nice run in the $60 stud mtt tonight, only to have some idiot play a pair of 7's 3 way like they were the mortal nuts. I of course missed the entire deck..... I went runner runner 6's. LMFAO, I had a flush draw/straight draw combo + over cards to his 7's. It was so tilting. MEH.... Im over it.... KINDA.
    See you guys at the tables. Wish you all the best of luck.
    Nice to see you do so well and I am happy for you that you are able to replace your Macbook Pro (sweet justice). Before you buy it with your winnings, see if your auto insurance will cover the cost of your laptop. Congrats to you sickread, I hope to see you take the 1st place $5k prize. Best of luck to you, keep us all posted, we are rooting for you! good luck on the felts.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast