Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61328.88

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Poker Fatigue, It's Real

So, we've all been there. Hours of MTT play, or hours at a side game. Maybe you're tilting/ or playing compulsively.

In any case, we all get fatigued after a while, and lose our "A" game.

For me, fatigue sets in during the late stages of an MTT because you're dying for that deep deep finish and I forget to play aggressively enough. Or I'm chasing some losses from earlier in the day.

If i had to put a number on it, I'd say after 4-5 hours of continuous/ intermittent play, It's time for me to rest.

Poker is a mentally taxing game, it requires serious mental stamina.

So, let's use the honesty code (what is that!?-general forum member And ask- WHO HAS THE MOST MENTAL POKER STAMINA HERE?
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

PokerOwned Demi-God
    i play poker everyday for like 3-4 hrs so i would be on the list but definitely not most stamina nowhere close to that thr r player who play 9-10 hr almost evryday i cant do it (evn if i want to)

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    It would make me depressed playing that many hours to be perfectly honest.
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

PokerOwned Moderator
    during the winter i played too much 10-14 hours per day, FATIGUED!!... wasted time. I started to play fewer games, cashed more often .. yes fatigue plays like a " slow roller"

PokerOwned Veteran
    I can easily play through the night cash games. Bot online is pretty different. 2-3 hours is ok. After that if I am alive in a tourney (which rarely happens) I play like a donk.

Banned
    yeah...rest is very important......online poker is almost like a programmer job...........and no one wants to work for hours without resting..............
    Your brain thanks you...!!!.........

Experienced Member
    i knew it!! thanks for the info bro, gl

I'm weird sometimes i don't play for a week, and sometimes i play non stop until im falling over. But even when I'm not playing I'm thinking and talking about poker. I agree though I play horrible if I'm not completely focused and I'm lacking the mental stamina thats recquired to do my best.

Someone told me a long time ago, The key to being a successfull online poker player is learn to play short sessions and maximize profits and who cares if they call you a hit and run. They can call you every name in the book, until they are willing to pay your electric bill, piss on' em

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StackSnack View Post
    Someone told me a long time ago, The key to being a successfull online poker player is learn to play short sessions and maximize profits and who cares if they call you a hit and run. They can call you every name in the book, until they are willing to pay your electric bill, piss on' em
    I have heard this too, just can't get behind the ole hit and run. I at least try to stay a couple more BB if I can. Smoking helps lol, keeps you awake and attentive.
    "Nyet! Nyet! No More! No! Not tonight! This son of bitch, all night he, "Check. Check. Check." He trap me! " - Teddy KGB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast