Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70663.81

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned God

The most memorable poker tourney I ever played in...

Post yours too!...
    Mine is playing in my first live cash NLH tourney. Cost over $60 to get in with top 8 or 9 paid out; field was about 50 people. I played super tight and watched all kinds of poker players get donked out or win. Quite surreal watching a farmer play 45s into a banker looking dude with an obv AA type hand and donk him out (all in by turn) on river with a flush...
    I made it to the final 13 or so, last 2 tables which felt good. I finally got a hand and shoved all in with AK and was up against AK. The azz was cheering on his stupid 2% flush draw on me. I was very happy to see at least a tie as opposed to 44 race. I get AA with maybe 3 BB's left and shove again and guy with little miore chips then me calls with J9??? Flop is A,10,6 - I'm 90%+. The turn is a 7 - I dont even see it coming I stood up and sat back down with the ace on the flop. Here comes the river: 8 Boom! Straight for the donky cok. I played poker for like 5 hours, played maybe 5 hands and dumb fk river donks me. What an introduction to poker - I only play on the internet now LOL. That hand cost me $80 minimum; I woulda gone to top 7 with like 10 left.

In the interest of full disclosure - Post note: http://www.pokerlistings.com/ gave me the idea for this post and I may get a entry into a free roll through Hog wild.
    Last edited by LaserCats; 11-07-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Seasoned Veteran
    ha bet you are gutted hate it when the donk hits

Hey you got all your chips in with the best hand,,,that's all you can do, after that it's out of your control,,,bad break...
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned Veteran
    Mine was on Pokerstars one week before the DOJ shut it down. I played in a Freeroll with 10,000 people in it. Only the FT won a ticket to $100,000 tournament where first place was something like 10,000 and you won a trip to any sporting event around the world with you and up 40 of your friends. I won the ticket and was suppose to play in the tourney that Saturday. The DOJ shut her down that Friday. I will never forget that.

Sixty dollar buy in tournament paid top 13. Sort as the same as you.

Anyway 125 players,, we're down to 66 players, blinds 600/300 fixing to go to 400/800. I have 6100 in chips, just a little over 10 time the big blind.

There are three limpers ahead of me. I have pocket kings, I'm all in. One caller he has A/Q off. Flop comes junk. Ok for all you peeps who think online is rigged and all that. the turn and river come runner,runner he gets a little wheel.

I'm left wit 800 chips, end of story. Mad ? Nope,,,Had fun, got all my chips in best hand, that's all I can do. After that "That's Poker".
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Banned
    WSOP Main Event 2011. AK in AA end of Day 3 on the bubble

Let's see..I'd have to say it was the WSOP final where Phil Ivey had made it to the final table. I had won an auction for a tiny percent of his winnings. So I was totally hyped when he made it that far. Anyway, short stacked he goes all in with AK, called by KQ and a Q hits end of game. But I still walked away with just over $1k.

PokerOwned Master
    That happens man. Next time, I would recommend playing more aggressive and getting your stack in before you get down to 3BB, then you will see less donk calls to your stack. I'm not saying it will never happen, but it will happen less. My most memorable tournament was when I placed 2nd out of 2,700 people on a FullTilt $200 freeroll a few years back. That was very exciting.

PokerOwned God

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by tturne01 View Post
    That happens man. Next time, I would recommend playing more aggressive and getting your stack in before you get down to 3BB, then you will see less donk calls to your stack. I'm not saying it will never happen, but it will happen less. My most memorable tournament was when I placed 2nd out of 2,700 people on a FullTilt $200 freeroll a few years back. That was very exciting.
    It was my first live tourney - and there were donks everywherrrreeeeee....and they were winning. There was this one local doosh that was drunk (hed been kicked out of a heartland poker touney while in the lead I think) he hit a little wheel on someone - just gross stuff. But the blinds were kinda high - $5k? so I had like $15k left - If I win I'm up to $50k and almost certainly cashing - which is all I wanted. My goal. THYis was local too - so I really wanted to beta people I would know face to face in the future - gain some respect etc.

I agree though - I coulda played it differently and had a shot at making =much more cash - but I just wnated a tatse LOL.

Survey Master
    i hate it myself when someone hits a miracle on me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast