Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Thread: poker class 101

PokerOwned God

poker class 101

This thread is for training purposes only..any suggestions or topics are welcome..

1.value betting, i think peeps dont understand the concept of value betting, for ex.. i tend to see alot of peeps over betting a 150 or 200 pot with the nutz..shoving all the time will tend to make your opponent fold and shorten your profits. try a nice value bet sometimes on the river to keep your opponent guessing..sometimes having the nutz with a value bet will allow the opponent to re-raise and then you have successfully trap the fish..gl

i want someone else from this form to do the next topic..ty..
    Last edited by gametime74; 08-24-2012 at 01:19 PM.

I usually try scare my opponents by betting lol
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

2) Continuation Bets, if you are the preflop raiser, no one has bet the flop in front of you, you should put in a continuation bet assuming the flop is not too wet. Regardless if you missed the flop or not the odds are your opponent missed too. A continuation bet allows you to maintain aggression, initiative, gets value in the pot for made hands, and gives you fold equity against your opponent. There are caveats to this play. Like I previously mentioned, a wet flop is usually not a good situation to cbet with nothing. The likelihood of your opponent having a hand is too high. If your opponent is a calling station or is picking up that you cbet too much you don't want to cbet with nothing. This is a situation where you would obviously bet with a good made hand or strong draw. You also don't want to cbet a multiway bot without a strong hand. You are likely to get called and players will have two more streets to beat your marginal, weak, or non existent hand.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlackbird View Post
    I usually try scare my opponents by betting lol
    Lot of ppl like this agressive play so ppl dont see any show down so they cant say wath youre range of hand ....but keep in mind it can be dangerous against trap player

Experienced Member
    es mejor jugar mas clamado si juegas agrecibo puedes perder muchas fichas en una sola mano, con respecto a las apuestas si subiste y alguien paga tienes que haer una apuesta si haces limper te traera problemas.

Banned
    only really applies at real cash games, it is just something i do.when i go and sit, i'l pause half way to seated position, and i give a real dumbfounded look, easy cause dumb is my smart, i didn't even laugh there...anyways, i look at everyone a second, just enough for them to really notice me observing, than i say with a serious tone and a line meant for them to uneasily chuckle and either be threatened or take me not serious at all. I tell them i don't appreciate them helping themselves to my chips, but go ahead and use tthem a bit, but i am gonna need my stacks back pretty shortly. i half ass smile, bit i say it to where i am om the startfrgetting attention from the start.it i something i like to do, i don't dictate the table flo, but i play enough to where i am keeping the original intrigue until i best a few i am cocky when i play and it's my way of getting my head into a needed driven "why are you sitting at my table" thing. try it, is fun

Seasoned Veteran
    easy to take down some of these aggressive donks in a poker owned game, set em up and trap their asses, then they are "DOA"