Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,339

BTC Rate: $8317.13

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: poker

  1. #1
    PokerOwned Master pokertoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    299

    poker

    I've been playing poker for some years now and the game to me has changed for the worst. It used to be a fun competition, now there's critics who feel they know everything, people telling other players how to play their cards, when to play their cards, and asking why they played the cards they played. What i've learned is if someone is set on playing a hand, they're going to play, that's it.
    Then you have people complaining about the so called freerollers, yet they're in the same freeroll. There's some that get so irate when they lose a hand it's shameful. What happened to sportsmanship? There used to be a time when players tried to help each other, what happened? I understand some take the game more seriously than others, but i'm sure everyone else knows that too, so why all the spite?
    I play because I like to play, and enjoy chatting with other players. I don't play for a living, I work. I play because most times it's fun, if I win I win, if I don't it's not the end of the world.
    I am the Captain of my ship. If you don't like the ride, Get Off!

  2. #2
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    939
    good attitude toy, I berate donkz too much too, even though I am one

  3. #3
    PokerOwned Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    345
    well i play to win.the fun is i win.agree with u in other things,but what i hate most is a dry pot bet with 1 player allin and a pot 100 and
    some1 go allin 1500 for 100 pot

  4. #4
    PokerOwned Master pokertoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Invertedafro View Post
    good attitude toy, I berate donkz too much too, even though I am one
    everyone is a donk to someone
    I am the Captain of my ship. If you don't like the ride, Get Off!

  5. #5
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    48
    Good players never berate because they know the importance of keeping players who make mistakes in the game. If you are getting hotheads at your tables, at least you should be consoled by the fact that they don't have the temperment or ability to see the larger picture required to ever make it as a good poker player.

  6. #6
    Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
    Good players never berate because they know the importance of keeping players who make mistakes in the game. If you are getting hotheads at your tables, at least you should be consoled by the fact that they don't have the temperment or ability to see the larger picture required to ever make it as a good poker player.
    The sad truth is that a number of very good players are not only hotheads at the tables, but downright assholes. You will find accomplished pros both online and live who take getting beat very poorly and unleash terrible, consistent outbursts at opponents (aka taping the glass hard). The first guy that comes to my mind who loves to berate the fish (and pros as well) is Phil Hellmuth. Besides many rants you can find from televised events, I have played with him a couple times where both times he lost a reasonable hand to a another player, and berated them endlessly for like an hour each time, like a tiger...

  7. #7
    Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    600
    Used to feel same way as white \rabbit but not any more...the game is losing some class

  8. #8
    Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by pokertoi View Post
    I've been playing poker for some years now and the game to me has changed for the worst. It used to be a fun competition, now there's critics who feel they know everything, people telling other players how to play their cards, when to play their cards, and asking why they played the cards they played. What i've learned is if someone is set on playing a hand, they're going to play, that's it.
    Then you have people complaining about the so called freerollers, yet they're in the same freeroll. There's some that get so irate when they lose a hand it's shameful. What happened to sportsmanship? There used to be a time when players tried to help each other, what happened? I understand some take the game more seriously than others, but i'm sure everyone else knows that too, so why all the spite?
    I play because I like to play, and enjoy chatting with other players. I don't play for a living, I work. I play because most times it's fun, if I win I win, if I don't it's not the end of the world.
    That is because you have class and and are respectful...don't lose faith there are more out there like you...

  9. #9
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    69
    Keep it up, some people just cant stand losing so they blame it on the first and easiest thing they can to get the blame of themselves. Just keep playing your game i enjoy seeing you at the tables, never a negative person like some

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •