Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70478.42

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pocket pairs

Private

pocket pairs

so i'm dealt pocket pairs all the time especialy low one's like 2s through 7s so what do i do when i'm raised do i call and hope to catch something on the flop raise and risk being re raised all in or just go all in and pray?

Knight
    I am new to poker so this may not be the best advice, but if I get a pocket pair of anything 7 or lower I will throw it away without thinking twice after the flop if I hit nothing. I will also throw them away preflop if someone bets big. The way I look at it is as best you have 2 outs... the range of hands your opponent could have if they are betting high pre flop means they either have a higher pocket pair than you or an AK or AQ or something similar to that. Just my opinion and I am new to poker though so I could be wrong by a mile.

Private
    If you catch a pocket pair, and its lower than, say 10s, You should always consider to call if its not to many high raisers before you.
    And yes its a pretty small chance 2 catch trips on the flop 1/9 you catch. But if you do catch you should se yourself as a strong favorit and try to get their money in if its not a very scary flop, like 3 spades and you have 222, you should be a little more careful. Always try to hit'em if its not costs more than 2-3BB i would say.

/Woelle

Elite PokerOwned Member Bastian2607's Avatar
    I try to see the flop as cheap as i can.
    Is there an overcard or no trips i fold that muck

Sergeant
    you want to see the flop as cheap as possible but with high pocket pairs..like JJ or higher u need aggression

Corporal
    a small bet may keep others from betting more than you're willing to call depending on the table and the players and position...

PokerOwned God
    Small pocket pairs are good to take a flop with cheap... as already stated many times. Another thing you should consider is stack sizes. Try to get in a pots with people that are medium to deep stacked. When they hit something like top pair and you hit your set, you should be able to win a nice sized pot.

PokerOwned Pro
    i limp in as cheap as possible and try and get a set
    also if it is rasied abd there are say 4 people involed
    i will call becos if you do hit you proberly get more than 9 to 1 on your money
    with the implyed odds and such

Knight-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by woelle View Post
    If you catch a pocket pair, and its lower than, say 10s, You should always consider to call if its not to many high raisers before you.
    And yes its a pretty small chance 2 catch trips on the flop 1/9 you catch. But if you do catch you should se yourself as a strong favorit and try to get their money in if its not a very scary flop, like 3 spades and you have 222, you should be a little more careful. Always try to hit'em if its not costs more than 2-3BB i would say.

/Woelle
    if the odds of flopping a set is 1/9, what are the odds of 2 different people, at a 9 person table, both matching their pocket pairs on the flop. it seems 2 me like that should hardly ever happen, but I see it at least a couple times everyday online.

Corporal
    Set mine, lather, rinse, repeat. Or just flop sets and win pussies.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast