Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64809.9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sergeant

Being Short Stacked

Hi all, I would just like to know what tactics are out there for when your short stacked or whatever works for you best.

I tend not to get faded away if i can help it so i othen limp into a pot when only 2 or 1 other people are in it and raise it post flop if someone calls... seeing as im shortstacked. I'm taking that weakness and hoping to get a card on the turn i will keep betting to build the pot and hope i catch something as well and bet again and again to try to get the to fold. but thats if im on only 2 - 7 bb left

Master Sergeant
    I shove pretty much anything when I have that many BB's, If you get lucky a couple of times could be back up to average

Knight
    you play top starting hands.thats all.

no limps, fold or all in,,, just my thoughts
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Knight-Captain
    i pretty much agree w/ all in or fold, altho the stop n' go strategy u mentioned works pretty good, especially if u r playing a flop addict that will call any bet, preflop, if he has chips.

Banned
    best short stake come back i've ever done was coming back from 100 down to place 2nd in a frc....

Sergeant
    If you want to get better at playing shortstacked OP, then start playing Superturbos on Fulltilt. You start off with 10bb's and the blinds go up crazy fast. You'll learn a good way to play position and you'll be able to start reading ranges.

Knight-Captain
    thats sum good advice bpashs. u can't just sit around wating 4 decent hands in turbos.
    @scottie688: makes u feel really good when u do that. most people would've just gone on tilt & pushed all in w/ nuthin, thinkin that their tourney was over 4 them anyway. kinda like needing 2 get 2 td's & 2 onside kick recoveries & 2 2-pt. conversions 2 make the unlikely football comeback. doesn't happen very often, but if it happens even once, then all the times u tried were worth it.i've done that a few times, & i try 2 stay disciplined enuf 2 keep playing my best poker until i'm knocked out, no matter how slim ur chances look.

PokerOwned Master
    Hi, ojwood!! I wait for a good hand and a go all in...Donīt have choice...

Banned
    yeah its tough when u are done like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast