Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70874.75

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Playing badly on purpose because you can always re-enter if you don't get lucky

How can this be a good strategy? I know many of us do this, but how can it be good?

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I guess its good bc if u get lucky u could achieve a large stack to start!

It usually isn't. :P There are exceptions, but yeah, I'm not a fan.

Seasoned Veteran
    lol, dont seem like a good idea to me! I can understand gambling a bit more early on in re-buys but playing bad just isnt the best of idea's for winnings mtt's!

Seasoned Veteran
    It's an awful strategy. In the long run you can't win using it.

How different is this to playing LAG in early tournament? Your not playing bad to reenter, you're playing loose and have buyins to reenter if your bluff/implied odds based push is called and you fade the board....see its all in how you look at it and depending on how aggressively(or standard TAG/etc) you play AFTER your first double is more a determination of how good/bad you are playing, I don't particularly like this strategy, but as a frequent late entry player, i see the value in it
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
    It's an awful strategy. In the long run you can't win using it.
    Can't say can't - I see people doing it all the time and some of them make it to the final table. However, I see many more of them with a string of re-entries (you can see these if you go to the tourney lobby and sort by name) dumping 5, 6, 7 or more rebuys in such that they have to make it to the top 10 to just break even, much less profit - and most of them do not make it to the top 10.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

you guys need to learn that poker is more than just playing cards
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Yes, pokeYourFace is right, u gotta make sure ur clicking properly, ur internet is up to par, and make sure u miss a few hands for food here and there. waiting, calling , rushing a fold. all are actually really good elements is online poker. If he was speaking for real in person live poker. His statement is very well said.

Elite PokerOwned Member P0K3R4F00D's Avatar
    gotta love the players who dont pay attention to when the rebuys or re-entries are over. feels good to be sittin with a bigstack and watch all these players shove wit crap to try an dbl up while the prizes keep rising
    I poker face off and now she faceless.
    I poker so much I deserve a bracelet!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast