Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62550.92

Experienced Member

Playing AA in a tournament

Hello everyone.

Great feeling when you are playing and you see the aces in your hand. But lately it seems I only get them to lose. It's strange, get the AA with a good stack, the only guy with bigger stack gets in the hand and he is the one who break them up. Lost 4 tournaments 2 days ago with AA like that, 3 of them all-in pre flop.

Suggestions??

big stack bullies are going to call with any 2 because they can afford too. nature of the beast if you had AA and got beat. Good advice is to note
    that player and get him at a later date.... gl

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Depends which many bets go to flop ... because if 8 people are going to flop one of them has the A that you need to win for sure, but anyone with JJ QQ KK 22 pair can do the trio before you ... to least that's what I think ...

Elite PokerOwned Member
    its much easier to play aa in a tournament than a cash game thats for sure.. in a tournament its mainly all preflop play and if your getting it all in preflop with aa and get beat theres just nothing you can do

I also had to deal with this bad beat .
    Try not to go all in with more than 2 players, watch the stacks as big stacks tend to call with many cards , AA WIN 80% OR LESS NOT ALWAYS , bad beats some times will come -its part of the game . You need to be patient .

AA losing to sets happens and i was very angry every time this happened until i won a 2nd place in a tournament thanks to my kks wining AA after calling all in ,made from the biggest stack of the table , with my 2nd bigger stack pre flop, , and having formed a set 3KK on the river !!!! (im more carefull with KKs lately)
    I overcame since then every anger for bad beats generally and especially for AA losing times .
    Last edited by antonis321; 09-02-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Shizz
    AA is a good hand right? I'm happy if its just a little pot

It depends what type of players you have on the table, if you make a small raise you are going to get called witch can put in a bad spot. If the raise is to big you may not get called, the trick is for to avoid ppl to call with shitty hands. If you know what types of player you have i'll raise pot, if you know there are many idiots fishy player i'll make an stupid big raise try get them to go all in. There is a chance you could loose but AA is a hand where you want to win as much as you can. If it was up to me I'll go all in every time if i loose to bad if i win great thats poker.

Experienced Member
    the most important thing is to play well and strong, if you had a premiun hand (AA, KK) you must raise all the time and sometimes you will found bad beats but do you know what realy bother me, playing slow and that somebody hit two pair or someting else it always remind me that i must raise preflop.

Experienced Member
    AA damm i olways lose on it so i dont go all in ore raise a little bit but wen do i win whit aa hahhaha i dont have anny day that i have won whit that hand in my 11jears that i play never won whit it to bad ore is it a bad beat then ahahha