Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63572.89

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member
    Over betting is a strategy and a part of poker. You can use it to take down a pot if you don't want to see anymore cards or on the river when trying to steal a pot or you can use it to make it look like your trying to steal in hopes of getting a call from a marginal hand. If you use it right it is not dumb.

TON is Gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by HugginsRomania View Post
    not always...sometimes and i mean most of the time they just check and slowplay the nuts hoping that you will bet them.. why do you say that overbeting when you got nuts is fishy maybe is an ABC game...or a vulnerable nuts like a 3 card of same color and you have nut flush but with 2 cards like 2 6 .you guess how can it finish

Guess how it finish? No, pretty sure I can't.
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

Seasoned Veteran
    Overbetting is only logical if you're trying to protect your hand. ex. AA versus a straight draw.

Quote Originally Posted by jerm677 View Post
    Overbetting is only logical if you're trying to protect your hand. ex. AA versus a straight draw.
    but in that case your not protecting anything cause your never going to get the donks that play poker to fold 8 outs when they wont fold a BS hand preflop allin or 2 n 3 outers!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

i said befoer pick your spots....its good value sometimes when you got a read on your opponent....so its nice sometimes to overbet to get maximum value and sometimes he can think your bluffing so that can work in your favor aswell. Dont try it all the time becuase most times out of 10 they will fold.

yes agree, everyone over bet all the time. if you dont than your a donk.

i disagree with your logic... lol

PokerOwned Demi-God
    A lot of donks love to overbet the pot!!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I was playin live the other day, and this drunk guy was over bettign eberything!! He was cleaning up too!

Overbetting works in FRs, and micro stakes. ppl dont fold. also, most micro games, the starting stack is so low, that you HAVE to big bet to get a stack, all or nothing type poker.

but overall pot betting and over pot betting shows lack of skilll... a pot bet usually means top pair, decent kicker, but can be camouflaged to mean otheer things. the problem is a pot better wont get a lot of calls when it matters also, risking 1:1 like 300 for 300 is a no good bet.

its kinda all relative, low stakes. pot betting might just work cause u have idiots that call anything, but if you wish to move up, i suggest that a pot better focuses on what a bet is saying, rather than hitting POT and then enter, like a monkey everytime
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast