Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63710.34

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned God
    i knew a group of religious nutjobs doing this in charlotte, nc.. when i seen it on the news, i wanted to go shoot these people myself

Elite PokerOwned Member
    nope not at all and if someone you know died protecting your freedom and that asshole Fred Phelps - old crazy douche was there disrupting the funeral you would feel the same way i do

this is one of the sickest things I've heard of,,,like someone said, kick the shit out of them,,,, I'm an old vet,,,I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to hold it together....saw this on TV awhile back...
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Quote Originally Posted by wagon596 View Post
    this is one of the sickest things I've heard of,,,like someone said, kick the shit out of them,,,, I'm an old vet,,,I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to hold it together....saw this on TV awhile back...
    I second this also wagon, pretty sick stuff, I don't think we are the country everyone wanted to live in anymore. The whole world is seeing just how messed up our society is and now people are questioning whether the U.S is really the home of the free.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Elite PokerOwned Member
    its not anymore Drywallman3 sad real sad

PokerOwned Veteran
    who in their right mind would want 2 protest in a family's time of loss. right on brother !!

Haha I am not American so what is this supposted to mean?
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Hold up a second. I think that even demonstrating at anyones funeral is too far. If someone dies let them go in peace. Partially because i dont think its right to demonstrate at someones funeral who doesnt have to ability to stand up for themselves, And mostly because lets face it if people are demonstrating at a funeral, they must have an agenda against the deceased but the only people they are going to affect are the mourners at the funeral, and i really dont think it is right to rub salt into the wounds of people who are burying a loved one.

That being said america proclaims itself to be the land of the free. And as a non american looking in i hear preaching of these amendments on numerous occasions. The fact of the matter is for these amendments to work you cant say have the right to free speech except when some people dont want it. The whole concept of this right to free speech is that they got the right to say what they want no matter if others would not like them to say it. Its the whole essence of the amendment.

Like i said this protesting at funerals whether it be service people or not is wrong on every level. But you cannont support an amendment only in the cases where you like it.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Hey I am all for free speech no matter what i practice it all the time BUT RIP ( REST IN PEACE ) Means REST IN PEACE YA KNOW!!! You Do Not Dis. The Dead

I understand this and i said how what they are doing i strongly feel is wrong. But the fact remains that if the courts ruled that in this case the right to free speech does not apply then it simply opens up a can of worms.

The whole essence of the right to free speech from my point of view is that it doesnt matter if people disagree with your beliefs you have a "right to free speech"

And i really think if cases like this are going to be brought to court and people will lose their right to free speech in circumstances like this, then it will turn out alot worse for america then people protesting at funerals.

Again i realise people on here can be really sensitive about things so i stress that i personally disagree with these people's actions in that firstly they are so unbelievably misguided in their protests that its crazy and secondly the saying rest in peace is popular for a reason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast