Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62334.57

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knight-Captain

odds of 2 ppl both flopping a set?

Does anybody know the odds of 2 different people both flopping a set in Hold'em? Since the odds of just one person flopping a set are pretty slim, you would think that the odds of 2 people both matching their pocket pair on the flop would be astronomical. Yet, I see it every day playing online. I don't think I've ever seen it in a live game, or even on tv.

Corporal
    The probability that you flop a set or better using your hole cards is ~ 11.75%.

Knight-Captain
    i know the odds of 1 person flopping a set. I was asking the odds of 2 people in the same hand both flopping a set.

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar
    The odds of both flopping sets is about 11.75% X 11.75%. About 1.3%. So in situations where you both have pocket pairs, this should occur about 1 in 100 times. Which is about how often it occurs. Last time I saw set over set, was about a good 100 pocket pair vs pocket pair hands ago.

Banned
    my worst band beat... in cash game... live.... $1 $2 annies... i'm the button 4 people befor me in at 15 dollars.... i have 66 flop comes 6 2 q.. first to act bets 20 second folds third calls 20 4th folds... i raise to 60 total... both call.... turn comes another 2... yeah i boated.... pot is know 195 first to act beats 40 second raises to 80 i have 220 left so i go all in.. both have me covered and both call......... river comes a q..... both had ace q in there hands.......

Corporal
    It happened to me. i have pocket 2, no raise so i limp in. the flop was 7- 2 -6, the guy with aces bet,every one call,the turn was a 6. i checked andsome one bet and we all called, i didn't raise thinking to don't scare every one,the river was another 7,i checked,the guy who had a 7 bet,another player raised,i knew i was in trouble, but i did call and lost to bigger full house the guy had pocket 6

Corporal
    I guess it happend with everyone! Recently, I have been always involved in this situation, where I have set, and my opponent have the stroger one, and this thing really piss me of!

Banned
    its crazzy whe it happens.. happend to me several times...

Corporal
    very very low, that would be a real bad beat

Master Sergeant
    happens often on AP....not so much in live game...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast