Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Private

Poker Tells that Say "I Have a Good Hand!"

Poker Tells that Say "I Have a Good Hand!"
    •Acting Uninterested in a Hand While Still in It
    This is usually a sign of a strong hand. The player is pretending that he’s not excited about his cards – but he is.

•Shaking Hands
    During a hand, if you notice a player’s hands are shaking as she places her bet, she probably has gotten a really, really good hand. Perhaps the nuts.

•Rapid Breathing
    Some players can control the shakes, but it's harder to control the automatic heart-racing that comes when you see pocket aces or hit the flop really hard. If you can see a player's chest visibly rising and falling, they have an excellent hand

•Sighing and Shrugging
    If a player makes a show of sighing or shrugging, and says things like “Oh, I guess I’ll call,” or even “Why am I calling?” he probably is overacting and is trying to hide a big hand.

•Glancing at Chips After Looking at Hole Cards
    When a player looks down and sees strong hole or pocket cards, she may glance over at her chips to see just how much she can bet.

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar
    Good beginner information.

The majority of the tells listed say 'usually, probably or may', but this one:

Quote Originally Posted by mat the maori View Post
    •Rapid Breathing
    Some players can control the shakes, but it's harder to control the automatic heart-racing that comes when you see pocket aces or hit the flop really hard. If you can see a player's chest visibly rising and falling, they have an excellent hand
    It should read usually, probably or may have an excellent hand. You just can't say anything concrete like that.

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar
    Though you have excellent copy and pasting skills, be careful as it is illegal to reproduce someone else's work without crediting the author or creator.

Seasoned Veteran
    My friend if he have a good hand start speak with everybody at the table. It so funny)))

Sergeant
    to quote you
    "•Sighing and Shrugging
    If a player makes a show of sighing or shrugging, and says things like “Oh, I guess I’ll call,” or even “Why am I calling?” he probably is overacting and is trying to hide a big hand. "

what i you are playing agianst micheal jay fox ?

ok im sorry that was in bad taste

I find it rather amusing how some players think they can recognize online tells. If live table tells are questionable, and they are, how in the world can a tell from a server controlled, electronic, purely graphical game be reliable??? My advice: watch your opponents betting habits and play the game. Thats as close as you're gonna get to an online tell.

PokerOwned Veteran
    when playing online you must change up your play all the time to keep every one guessing. you should also play a weak hand the same as you do a strong hand. imho

Knight-Lieutenant
    When the round starts follow the action, don't look at your cards immediately so you can spot the tells

PokerOwned Veteran
    Definitely limping in on first position is a good tell that you have a strong hand.

Sergeant
    Sometimes I just really wonder....Is there someone out there really watching my online play... when I hesitated did they get a tell?? I really was just getting a beer...when I checked instead of bet...I really did miss my play was on another site....I know I do some crazy shit sitting here and I'm just not telling......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast