Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

PokerOwned Moderator CoddBrunson's Avatar

NBC National HU Championship starts airing on Easter Sunday

The fifth edition of the NBC National Heads-Up Poker Championship premieres on US airwaves on Sunday April 12th. There will be six weeks and 12 hours of exciting action, with the final episode broadcast on May 17th.

The episodes will air at noon ET in the US (6pm CET in Europe). For non-US viewers the episodes will be widely available in the internet just a few hours after the original airing. The first place to look is Youtube as usual.

64 players battled it out for the $500,000 first place prize. Apart from a few satellite qualifiers and celebrity invitees, the field was packed with the top names of poker. This year, Ilari "Ziigmund" Sahamies was one of the invited top players along with names like Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan, Doyle Brunson, Phil Hellmuth, Peter Eastgate and the reigning champion Chris Ferguson and runner-up Andy Bloch.

You can view a full list of the players here. Of the invited players, Ivan Demidov had to pull out because of visa problems and he was replaced by Hevad Khan. Another and more embarrasing story was Layne Flack, who could not take part because he was arrested the previous night charged with speeding and DUI. He was replaced in a hurry with high stakes cash game player David Oppenheim.

The featured matches in the first two-hour episode will be Daniel Negreanu vs. Chris Moneymaker, Mike Matusow vs. Dario Minieri, Mike Sexton vs. Phil Hellmuth and Gabe Kaplan vs. Chris Ferguson. Hopefully we will also see some interesting hands with Ilari and his first round opponent Gavin Smith.

NBC National HU Championship starts airing on Easter Sunday

Master Sergeant
    Been wanting to know this... Thanks

Yeah, tell me about it. FT has been live updating on this since the start, its goin on right now. But they never said anything about when it airs, not on twitter, not on their blog about it. I googled NBC National HU Championship, and neither a FT nor an NBC page pops up as a result. You'd think it would be hard to miss when this is airing with all the talk about it right now. So I finally found the info I was lookin for, so I had to post this. lol

I read this for a while ago in swedish news site and I am looking forward to watch headsup game
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Knight-Lieutenant
    Cool, will be sweet to watch this.

I know you watch this on the internet but I don't got so many channell so where can I watch this for FREE?
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

Private
    when will this be on tv

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlackbird View Post
    I know you watch this on the internet but I don't got so many channell so where can I watch this for FREE?
    All I have is that information so far.

It said: For non-US viewers the episodes will be widely available in the internet just a few hours after the original airing. The first place to look is Youtube as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by kylewhile View Post
    when will this be on tv
    Really? REALLY?!? You ask that question in a thread titled: NBC National HU Championship starts airing on Easter Sunday

Hmm, NBC National HU Championship starts airing on Easter Sunday, starts airing Easter Sunday... airing Easter Sunday, Easter Sunday, Sunday, Easter Sunday...

Damn, it could air anytime! I'll ask when its on.