Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61119.02

Morton's Theorem

Morton's theorem is a poker principle articulated by Andy Morton in a Usenet poker newsgroup. It states that in multi-way pots, a player's expectation may be maximized by an opponent making a correct decision.

The most common application of Morton's theorem occurs when one player holds the best hand, but there are two or more opponents on draws. In this case, the player with the best hand might make more money in the long run when an opponent folds to a bet, even if that opponent is folding correctly and would be making a personal mistake to call the bet. This type of situation is sometimes referred to as implicit collusion.

Morton's theorem should be contrasted with the fundamental theorem of poker, which states that a player wants their opponents to make decisions which minimize their own expectation. The discrepancy between the two "theorems" occurs because of the presence of more than one opponent. Whereas the fundamental theorem always applies heads-up , it does not always apply in multiway pots.

The scope of Morton's theorem in multi-way situations is a subject of controversy. Morton expressed the belief that his theorem is generically applicable in multi-way pots, so that the fundamental theorem rarely applies except for heads-up situations.

So it sounds like you've been reading a poker book. Sounds like a more analytical one than the standard "poker for dummies" versions - what are the name and author?
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

Best hand preflop isnt that great EV wise against two draw hands and if you cant bet them off your most likely in trouble
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden