Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71125.27

Need help. What should have I really done in this situation?

I know I over bet in this situation. I don't even have third best in this situation with my Q kicker. What are your opinions of what I should of really done? Check out the video link below...

I know I over bet. - YouTube

PokerOwned Master
    well if you know what you did why ask? that just opens this up for more than you need to correct. the over bet was the start of the downhill climb.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Usually, 2-betting 2x the original bet would have either pushed him all-in on a bluff or a given hand, either way, if you'd had the 7 it would have been a good move.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Rather than raising around $4K, just raise to $1400 on the flop (a little over twice his bet). If he calls that, or pushes, you gotta expect that you are behind. There are a LOT of hands, even given his min-raise preflop, that have you beat at that point. So if he pushes or bets on the turn, you can get away from it with still more than 50% of your original chips

slow down and think about everything that happened during the hand. Once he 3 bet you should have realized you were only beating a bluff. It was a nice flop for your hand but I wouldnt have bet so much on the flop.Having a pair of 7s on the flop should have already made you cautious from the start. Then even if someone just would have called you initial bet that should have made you slow down right there. With a raise depending on the size in most situations your behind, then your only calling to maybe get lucky and turn another 10. Try putting out smaller bets when your unsure if you have the best hand so your not committing yourself to the pot. After he raises you should stop and think if you really want to risk your tournament there or if you might want to wait for a better spot to get it in.
    Last edited by trudizzle; 10-20-2013 at 12:15 PM.

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    you overbet it like hell.

Ideally you should have just called, then bet the turn no matter what card comes up. If he raises then you probably want to fold. If he calls then you probably want to check the river, and call him down if the board doesn't have two face cards by then.

Of course you would still lose about half your stack. If you knew he was a tightwad then maybe you had no business calling in the first place. This is read dependent so I can't say.

What I will say is that its a tournament so you usually don't just want to call, re-raising is better IF you think you have the best hand. Unless he was a maniac I would not re-raise with QT.
    Last edited by MovingFlea; 10-20-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Your hole cards are the least important factor in Texas hold'em.
    -MovingFlea

Thanks for all the great feedback. You guys helped a lot.

People too often just play there hand never thinking about whats going on. Does anyone know Doyles quote on this? if not ill put it in here later..
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Experienced Member
    you answered your own question

Elite PokerOwned Member
    lol the guy answered his own question, job well done