Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70626.36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My carbon grind

PokerOwned Veteran

My carbon grind

So a couple days ago after not being able to win a single hand or race for 3 days it felt like, I cashed for 2 bucks in one of the PO freerolls on carbon. I blew it at the cash tables after running it up slightly. Then Pikeboy412 and I final tabled one of the $50 freerolls and I got another $2. This time I was gonna be smarter with it. My ultimate goal was to be able to play one or two of the Maximus tournaments. I knew I needed to earn 50 points before the 27th to qualify for the Poker Maximus freeroll which gives out tournament tickets to the top 500 finishers. Today I earned over 100 points playing $1 double ups and grinding .02/.04 plo hi/lo. Now I am registered to the freeroll and also the 2 free seats to sunday big ticket freeroll tournaments.

While trying to find the best way to earn VPPs fast I saw that the $1 100,000k satellite rebuy gives 10 VPPs for entering. The tournament fee is only 10 cents so it should be just 1 point. Don't know if it's an error or not, but whatever. I played 2 of those. First one I busted early, didn't rebuy/add-on. Second one I did better and used 100 VPPs to do an add-on. Ended up taking 3rd place and winning an $11 satellite coupon. So now I have to decide which $11 Maximus tournament is best for me.

So after grinding a couple cash tables and the $1 double ups I'm up to just over $15 cash and the $11 ticket. Not an epic run, but not bad for starting with just a $2 dollar roll. Here is my sharkscope sng graph, which is starting to look like it's moving in the right direction. Game 20 is the first $1 double up tournament from yesterday.

p.jpg

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    Yea i hear that.. good luck to ya man.

how long are you attempting to do this?

Looks like you got a giraffe going on there.. keep it up!!!!

PokerOwned Veteran
    I did a similar thing on FeltStars about 2 years ago. Did my best sticking to the double up tournaments and mostly staying away from cash games. Was doing real good then got bored with the double ups and took a shot at higher stake cash games and bigger MTTs. Didn't work out too well and I busted my roll. Having learned that, I'm gonna do my best switching from double ups to cheap MTTs and soft cash games so I don't get burnt out on one thing and say 'F#ck it, lets go big or go home!' So to answer your question, hopefully I can keep this up for some time to come.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Also the next short term goal is to get up to 250 VPPs for the month before the 26th so I can play in the 2 $10,000 VIP freerolls. Need 134 more points.

Nice, your already in the big ticket give away! that has a butt load of value!
    I'm still 20 points away.

i play on carbon and wanted to ask the forum members if they prefer carbon or lock poker?

also, are there any other sites that anyone can recommend. also, can anyone tell me if they have cashed big in a poker tourney on carbon or lock and cashed out succesfully?

i will keep posing on this site and am so very glad i found it peace!

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mathkid View Post
    i play on carbon and wanted to ask the forum members if they prefer carbon or lock poker?

also, are there any other sites that anyone can recommend. also, can anyone tell me if they have cashed big in a poker tourney on carbon or lock and cashed out succesfully?

i will keep posing on this site and am so very glad i found it peace!
    i totally prefer carbon, just because more game types, the client seems more reliable and maybe a larger player pool? or are lock and carbon all the same players?

PokerOwned Pro
    what exactly do you have to do to qualify for these freerolls on carbon?

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EatnCreepios View Post
    what exactly do you have to do to qualify for these freerolls on carbon?
    Earn point from paying rake and tournament fees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast