Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63572.89

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran
    I think its the other way around, you should want those players in your tables, you can get all their chips

PokerOwned Pro
    It's really a toss up. I have done both. Sit out and let the all iners go all in or play and hope to beat one of them with a monster hand.

PokerOwned God
    Well, he tends to have a decent strategy, of course, since it's a freeroll, the play isn't always that great.

Banned
    wows man thatsw a wierd stardsgetgy....................................... .................................................. ....

I like to break there tournament into segments. The early stages, middle stages, and late stages.

In the early stages, you are looking for high implied odds hands. I'm looking to playing A3s versus some AQ, because I'm interested in getting two pair against the player who doesn't know how to fold. You need to know who the fish are first tho. Like anyone playing too many hands, taking ridiculous lines with bluffs, playing passively, raising to more than 5x the bb, etc. If someone does something strange, odds are they will be doing more strange things. It's very easy to get frustrated or bored and try to play something you shouldn't, but early on, you should just fold your trouble hands. So early on is all about staying patient. If you don't get a chip up spot, you still have all tournament thereafter. Plus, if you're watching your opponents, you can play against their weaknesses (like if they are overvaluing top pair, etc.) And just look past a single street. And try to get max value while maintaining your stack.

PokerOwned Veteran
    In no way, shape, or form is folding aces the right thing to do preflop...if youre going to play like that you should take up Old Maid or Go Fish or something

i disagree with you and your brother honestly, and how has this worked for you guys

Seasoned Veteran
    "Thats Turrrrible" - Charles Barkley

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by potfan42o View Post
    on some fr i sitout for a few (PO) others with alot of players 500+ i like donk up and get a big stack early or get out.
    I find if you play straight up in the long run you do better. But it's difficult to take playing for 3 hours just for a quarter. Sometimes better to "donk it up" early like you say. Hit early it's easier to go far, otherwise go out early and don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by gedupson View Post
    ''The first 10 minutes?'' more like until the first break, me personally... I'll fold AA against more than 2 people pre flop early going because I know i'm not that big a fravorite against more than 4 of any cards.
    True, but if you call and your up against any Ax hands and a lower pair, your still more than 60% favorite to triple up, which is huge early in freerolls, with typically quick blinds

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast