Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Thread: Muck?

Experienced Member

Muck?

Is there ever a time not to muck? if so when it is ok to show your cards after the hand?

EddieTorr
    I'm old school on that. Never show unless you have to. Otherwise you're just giving away free information.

PokerOwned God
    isn't it good to give out information some times. I mean, cant just be one way and that's it.

change up is fastball s best pitch, if your Hideo Nomo Poker

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yea im the same way never sho wunless u have too!!

PokerOwned Pro
    I've read that you never show if you don't have to. I can see if its a friendly game, then showing is up to you. But the idea is to keep the other players guessing. If you show them when you DO have a hand, then they might not want to call you later on when you want them to. And vice versa, if you show them when u do not have a hand, then they might be willing to call ur bluffs in the future. It's just safe to always muck and keep them guessing. Make them pay to see your cards.

Experienced Member
    You could show your cards in tournaments where, for instance, you've been playing pretty tight and the table seems to be fighting back a lot. By showing them that you only play premiums, you will have more leeway and will be easy for you to steal the blinds.

You can also show just to illicit a call later,
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Some players will show to influence their opponents actions later in the game. This is a perfectly acceptable strategy. Most strategy says to always muck just because that's the best play for the average player that shouldn't try to get too tricky. Personally, I have all my sites set to auto muck, but I will occasionally show I was against a player I really like or if I had a really good hand I just want to share with my fellow players. If I have something like quads or a straight flush and it's a relaxed game I'll show just to show off. =)
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.