Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $65083.16

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks guys.. Just kinda cool what everyone thinks!!! No one thinks I'm crazy (like my mother does - says I should get a "real" job and use that degree she payed for right away) haha. I have different plans... Think this would be pretty cool and a neat experience for 6 months considering Ive worked my ass off through school (to get done in exactly 4 years) and working to build a bankroll.

Whats everyones opinion on MTT in Vegas.

From what I know is that the Aria and Venetian both have 150ish daily and nightly MTT (with re-entry til a certain level) I follow them both on twitter and see that they average around 75-100 players for each one. I could always grind one a day then cash or set a certain number per week to play in ect.

I think I have a big enough bankroll to do this for 6 months. Ideally I want to atleast break even (+ pay for the apt) and come back with 20k+. Just want to experience this for a short period of time while Im young and stupid.

PokerOwned God
    Its a nice thought out post there mpettit. This is not a unique idea, I seriously considered this myself pre black friday ...

When black friday hit I'm pretty sure a fair chunk of good grinders made this move. I'm not talking about the durrrs, I'm talking about the guys that were making about a grand or two a month grinding on Stars/Tilt. The point I'm getting at is, its not just a drunk donk smorgasborg going on there. Sure you'll run into the bad tourist, but there are going to be a fair share of good grinders too.

I'm not telling you not to do it ... I'll leave that to your mom.

Two things I'm really curious about though... 1) How many times have you been to Vegas? 2) How many live hours do you have under your belt and what is the quality of those live hours?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    Its a nice thought out post there mpettit. This is not a unique idea, I seriously considered this myself pre black friday ...

When black friday hit I'm pretty sure a fair chunk of good grinders made this move. I'm not talking about the durrrs, I'm talking about the guys that were making about a grand or two a month grinding on Stars/Tilt. The point I'm getting at is, its not just a drunk donk smorgasborg going on there. Sure you'll run into the bad tourist, but there are going to be a fair share of good grinders too.

I'm not telling you not to do it ... I'll leave that to your mom.

Two things I'm really curious about though... 1) How many times have you been to Vegas? 2) How many live hours do you have under your belt and what is the quality of those live hours?
    Ive been to Vegas 3 times.. Once before I was 21.. Then two more times once on my 21st B-day and played a few MTT cashed in 2. Then for the weekend before the National Championship last year flew to Vegas stayed there then drove to Glendale for the Auburn-Oregon game. Didnt play that much that weekend since was with friends and just having a good time.

I have probably anywhere from 200-400 live hours.. the quality umm half of that was on a riverboat in Savannah, Ga other half in Biloxi, MS and a little in Vegas (prob 45-60 hrs in Vegas including mtt).

PokerOwned Master
    Good points bmeelneg. The reason I suggested the limit tables is you'll find the real grinders...daily pay guys, there at similar hours every day, and that is good info itself. Play the 'Surviver' social game and get all the background knowledge you can before throwing decent money around.

Good luck on your "Great Adventure". It's something that most of us would love to give a shot... Let us know how you are doing.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned God
    good luck and totally enjoy

PokerOwned God
    You only live once, this will be an experience that you will cherish for the rest of your life. Just don't break any of your rules and you will be just fine. Have a good time and let us know how it goes.

Elite PokerOwned Member jcolee2's Avatar
    also i would try to not play exclusively at the aria...nice room but I'm sure tons of pros there. play with the fukin tourists...MGM, Treasure Island, Luxor, Circus Circus...soft games...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcolee2 View Post
    also i would try to not play exclusively at the aria...nice room but I'm sure tons of pros there. play with the fukin tourists...MGM, Treasure Island, Luxor, Circus Circus...soft games...
    I agree.. but mostly going to be sticking in one place like the aria or venetian to play the daily nightly mtt's.. just gonna have to see once I get out there best situation. And I know for a fact that TI poker room is terrible (stayed there for 21st bday they have 7 tables).

Banned
    wow it's amazing all the imput very cool mpttit and good luck hope you post here weekly and pics too!!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast