Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70763.18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chip Shuffling

Seasoned Veteran

Chip Shuffling

Just a random thought; why do we chip shuffle? I have become addicted to shuffling chips, even do it at home let alone at a table. Looked online but can't find a straight answer, anyone know why?

PokerOwned Pro
    I believe its too calm players nerves.....another way of taking there mind of the game.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I just wish it didn't exist. Too much noise! No wonder so many players use headphones.

Because we all have obsessive compulsive personalities, that's why we're poker players!

PokerOwned Pro
    i cant do it. but i havent really tired that much. im sure if i practice i can get it down.

Seasoned Veteran
    YouTube video is how I learned. Il fenomeno Ronaldo "palleggia" con una chip - PokerStars.it TV Spot - YouTube Quite sure this video is fake, but it would be sick if it was real.

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    What else is there to do that doesn't distract you from the game. Its a pretty boring game to begin with. Fold fold fold.

PokerOwned God
    Some just do it to keep busy while waiting for a hand or for something to do. Plus, a lot do it because we saw player doing it on wpt episodes and wsop episodes.

PokerOwned Master
    like some one else said to calm nerves i dont do it just stare straight ahead

I started doing it when I realized that my fingers would twitch in live games when I was bluffing. Couldn't control the twitch, so as long as I keep shuffling, you can't see that I'm twitching. Now it's just habit. Decided to play two short live tourneys a few weeks ago without shuffling. Got through it, no twitching anymore, but damn it was like quitting smoking - I just wanted to shuffle the chips all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast