Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63538.85

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Micro stakes bankroll - what would you do?

I'm a strong believer in bankroll management, even at micro stakes. I like to keep it simple and have an across the board 5% rule. No buy in will be more than 5% of my bankroll. Being a US player, I'm not comfortable depositing money on any poker sites right now. Carbon is my site of choice, and I finally won $8 in a freeroll. Now I'm not going to claim to be some amazing poker player. I'm trying to learn to be a patient grinder and play at my stakes until my bankroll allows me to move up (or down if I need to). So there are only a couple of MTTs that meet the 5% rule, and there was one type of SNG (.10 + .01). Then the SNG disappeared but I still really wanted to play for real money. Would you relax your bankroll requirements to play in the lowest level available, or would you leave the money alone and keep playing freerolls until you have enough to stay below 5%?

PokerOwned Demi-God
    if u stick to strict BR fuidelines the do that. they got "the 6th cent" n a cpl cubed games at .10, .25, n .50 levels. Plus the Quarter Quickie. Play the FRs they offer here n build it up.

GL2U

The 6th cent is definitely one I will play in, but the pocket change cubed, even the .10 I consider outside of my bankroll because I include the entry fee and any add ons and rebuys in the cost of the tournament. So that one actually equals .31, so if I'm strict with my bankroll, I shouldn't play it until I reach 6.20. Oh yes, and like I said I'm not the best poker player, so I've already whittled my account down to about 5.50.

PokerOwned Pro
    I won the pokerstars pokerowned freeroll for $3. I bought into cash games for like half my bankroll and now im at over $20. Take some risks to get your bankroll up. Of course ive stopped using that high of a percentage to play cashgames. Now I buy in for around %10.

PokerOwned Master
    I believe in 50 buy-ins, which is 2% of my br.

Elite PokerOwned Member Rellik419's Avatar
    I do the same. So I would go with the 6 cent and maybe the 11 cent pocket change tourney.

Seasoned Veteran
    if you stick at it your bankroll will grow

I agree with the .06 tournament and .25 quickie,,, maybe the .10 cubed....if I play rebuys and I go broke I don;t rebuy
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Seems like you have your shit together and probably don't need ANY advice........

i think if u have faith that u will sooner or later cash in more freerolls thru this site, that you could then call ur BR somewhat "implied" and to go ahead and play the .50 sng's or even the limit games for .80 buy ins Just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast