Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70763.18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what would you do.

As we all know,
    Poker players love hypothetical questions as much as a Monday morning quarterback.

Suppose you are at a table sitting in the big blind. 7 people fold, the small blind completes and the player in front calls.

You have been dealt 89 offsuit.

The flop comes and it is 892 all hearts. The player in early position min raises. The SB folds, you take a minute to think about the player out of position.

An early raise on a board like that would indicate flush, however this player has been doing some very odd things all game long. Not quite enough to classify as loose aggressive but close.

Your gut indicates that he doesn't have it. Poker 101 says to let it go, but what would you do. As sometimes we as players have to deviate from the books?

Wait - at this hypothetical table there's a position earlier than the SB post-flop??
    And in what poker101 class would you be told to fold to a MIN-bet IN position with the top 2 pair, just because the flop is suited?
    Sorry - I don't follow the scenario or your logic
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    What would we do................

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

Sorry, I was typing this at work on my phone and didn't think about what I was typing. Let's try this. Your still in the big blind guy to your left calls sb completes.

Flop same and sb folds, you check and guy in front raises let's say 10x big blind. I think your response kind of answers what you would do. The first post was based off my new style of poker I'm inventing.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I'd let it ride online poker board will pair your two anyways lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    That is what usually works for me. But tough call. That's where it's easier to read people in real life

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    since there's 10 plrs i'd call the two-pair in position. if another <3 comes easy fold. pf raises for flush-bounds ample time to cover the other plrs and get max value.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

EddieTorr
    I think it's a shove. You're only behind three hands after the flop.

PokerOwned Pro
    call.calling a min raise on a wet board is much safer when your not even sure if your defeated. after you call , how you react to his play is going to determine the outcome.

Seasoned Veteran
    I would consider his stack size and mines. If I am low stack, I would shove right here. If I am even or more I would call. It is a very wet board so it is safer to call and play it out afterwards. If the 4th heart comes out, most likely you lost now and it is an easy fold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast