Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How could I have played this better?

Let me just start by saying this is a $215 buy in and pwnasaurus is a winner up there. If he is raising the river for VALUE, I'm 100% crushed.

The blocker bet was awkward, but it saved me from going broke. Could he have made a blocker bet raise bluff to take it? I kinda doubt it, right? He has to have a set of AA, KK, or QQ I think?

Would he turn AJ, A10, or KQ into a bluff?

Unfortunately I had no way of figuring this out until giving up 85% of my stack.

Help?

How could I have lost LESS. That's what I'm most interested in..

(24/64 before this, 32 make money and folding leaves me with like 8-9k behind...)

Last edited by jasonv12; 05-07-2014 at 12:03 AM.

honestly I think you need to call it off here. He is repping better, but you are acting weak with the lead-out, and he is good enough to turn his hand into a bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    honestly I think you need to call it off here. He is repping better, but you are acting weak with the lead-out, and he is good enough to turn his hand into a bluff.
    But it's a middle pos 3bet on the largish side and he's a nit... Idk.

More opinions?

Stack sizes are important here man.... a full HH would be more insightful.

Current B2B Champ
    looks like a typical carbon/merge cooler. Prolly had 99 on that disgusting website. Best bet woulda been to click back his flop bet to find out where u were. If your gonna check call the flop and turn, ur forcing him to shove the river no matter what he has. In hindsight you prolly shoulda min raised his flop bet and if ur gonna check call the flop and turn you gotta call the river. But folding and and picking a different spot is not terrible if your gut it is turning over with his river shove. GL~

Seasoned Veteran
    I think the flat calling makes him more aggressive, most of the time people with just check it down if they are getting called down on every street simply because they can't figure out what you are doing, im with babyface feels like a set here

I'm 99.9% sure he had a set. I just wish I could have found a way to get that info without losing ALL those chips. That's what I want help with.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I agree with few of what the others have said, I think when he bet 1900 on the flop and you reraise him, you should then find out how really strong he is with what he does to your raise!! Then you can make your decision if you AQ is good, but im with sickread on this one im calling the river shove!! But like I said, IMO Im reraising the flop bet and that should give you all the info you need to know about how strong he really is!!

Dont check call the flop, nonono, even if he was a failed draw etc you got zero information by check calling each street. Def check raise flop, bet turn. If he repopped in either situation, you had a better shot to get out cheaper. At river, I have to agree with sickread, had to call
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast