Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64104.26

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JJ

Experienced Member

JJ

I was playing in the freeroll and was dealt JJ the flop cam 10 4 3 with two clubs I led out on the flop only to get check raised at which point I shoved only to find out he was holding 1010 for a set how would you guys play an over pair to the board when check raised on the flop

Always be very cautious when check raised on a weak board. I guess if it was a buyin it would be an easy fold. got to love how 2 and 3 outers are the NUTZ online lmfao
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Pro
    It's hard to say in those situations. I often shove once the flop is lower than my pocket pair....but of coarse someone can always have a set like in your scenario. It's a gamble either way.

play them like any other big pair....just be carefull of the donks playing random k/a/q

PokerOwned Master
    would have put him on a flush draw and done the same depending on the length of the tourney and how long you were playing that opponent. better luck next time.

PokerOwned Veteran Peteyweestro's Avatar
    For me i am not sure if it's all in my head or what but JJ seems like it gets beat more than any other pair i play. I have spoken to a few others who say they fold em every time they get them, but i'm not so sure about that.
    All money ain't good money......
    and all bitches ain't female neither !

Seasoned Veteran
    sometimes i raise, something i call, sometimes i fold. JJ is a tough hand to play because there's no right answer.

EddieTorr
    Tough hand to walk away from given the flop, but the check raise would likely send me to the sidelines unless I had a read that the raiser was a maniacal bluffer.

PokerOwned Veteran
    not a fan oj JJ tough hand to fold and seems like they lose more often than not

Check raised on the flop like that is always a difficult position to predict! I would either fold immediately or call and show strength on the turn to see how they react. Other than that you just got put into a bad spot that you normally would win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast