Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70664.38

An interesting discussion.

How is folding on the river in a multi-way pot viewed, after a player calls a flop bet and the turn goes check/check/check? I have been annoyed sometimes, when players in the middle fold, because I feel it gives the last player to act more incentive to make a play at the pot. It adds another nuance to an already tricky game. I guess that I have never really seen someone discuss this at all. I know that these spots will both work in your favor and against you, dependent on certain factors. Does anyone here have an interesting take on this?

sex
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

why would anyone fold to a check? unless you played very low rags and the flop was all face LOL always take free checks tho
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Some really good players will play a marginal hand sometimes just to see if it hits. We all have done that I think. Folding instead of checking in that case leaves the other players wondering what you had. They don't know for sure. So in the future, the player that folded the check gets more fold equity when they bet at the same type situation in future hands.

I saw this fairly regularly in the cash games in Atlantic City. This was the $1/$2 table, so there wasn't much at stake without a preflop raise, and a few of the guys (who obviously were regulars) would limp in and fold to just about any bet along the way, and would fold on the river when no bets were placed.