Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70411.13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

Thumbs up If it's possible to idolize someone too much, that'd be Phil Ivey for me...

I love everything Ivey. And I realize this more with every article or video that I watch on the guy. His lifestyle and accomplishments are so over the top and flat out enviable. He has all the respect within his profession, among his peers and fans alike, that any man could even hope to have. He owns the tables online and off. Doesn't matter if we're talking tournament or cash game, he's the damn best. Even if you don't think he's the best, I bet he's no more than a place or two from whoever your favorite is. If this isn't so, you my friend belong in one of the following categories: 1) An idiot 2) A Hater 3) both

He's got bracelets, tens of millions in the bank off POKER (omg), and longevity. It's even crazy to me the world's best would be African American (I am also for the record), considering the percentage of pro (or hell, overall) African American players is a slim number compared to others. It's kinda like if the next Lebron was a white dude. Would be AWESOME but unlikely in a sport that's 95% African American at the pro level.

I just find him uber interesting and wish I could find even more on him. I wish he was the type of player to talk about is game and strategies more, but then again I don't. It leaves more mystery for me and for his opponents.

But, if you like me ever wanted to look at a day or week in the life of Phil Ivey, have you ever watched the ESPN E:60 on him??? If not, enjoy now and thank me later...
    Last edited by TheChipTrap; 11-09-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Seasoned Veteran
    I enjoyed this a lot but I wish they showed more and talked more about him losing early on.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Phil's Awesome, my All Time Fav that idolize is Doyle Brunson. Love Listening to his stories about the "Old Days"
    Phil's another one of my favs tho!

PokerOwned Pro
    i to love doyle brunson he's a genius

PokerOwned Veteran
    Yeah, I def have a bromance with Phil Ivey.
    When you are sending your Soldier into uncharted bush, always make sure he's wearing a helmet.

PokerOwned Veteran
    You also bring up a good point about him being black. Can you think of another black player you have seen on PAD? I can't, and the that one that I have seen (Ivey) wrecks every show he's on.
    I think one of the best examples is the PLO game they had on PAD. He was raking in so many pots that he almost looked like he felt guilty.
    When you are sending your Soldier into uncharted bush, always make sure he's wearing a helmet.

Elite PokerOwned Member jcolee2's Avatar
    phil iveys a beast he s the best consistent results over years

PokerOwned Pro
    any player name phil is probably really good. phil laak, ivey, galfond, uncle phil.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by zayzoo View Post
    any player name phil is probably really good. Phil laak, ivey, galfond, uncle phil.
    lmao

Experienced Member
    everyone has a favorite me daniel because he can read people very well and know their cards too bad he still pays them off when reads them right lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast