Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    I'd rather win than be lucky.
    Your hole cards are the least important factor in Texas hold'em.
    -MovingFlea

PokerOwned Veteran
    Personally, I think once you get to a certain level, or at least equal to your competition, luck is all that seperates you. For instance, in the big game out in Vegas. It's hard to believe the skill level of Ivey and Hansen are that far apart and luck has to be a large determining factor. Cause I mean, if you get as good as Ivey, what sets you 2 apart other than luck???

Thoughts?

PokerOwned Master
    It is simply a mix of both, you can't rely only on luck, yet you can't only rely on your skill either, you need luck to hit them cards in you hands and on the table, and you need skill to play them right...

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Luck is over rated.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    This is not always true, its a true belief but if in every short run your having alot of variance it will make your long term look donkish. Short blinds(under 30 minutes) also have a big effect on variance as people start to play hands they wouldnt or shouldnt play to chip up. Being a long term winning player has ALOT more to do with blind structure then anything
    I think being a long term winning player = a guy who knows BRM, strives to always get better, and puts in a lot of volume.

PokerOwned Veteran MsPokerVerse's Avatar
    I think even a little of both particular aspect added to one's game can help in more ways than one. Sure were all good in some way and every single one of us gets lucky, some more than others. Sure it's nice to get lucky but you can't totally rely on that aspect alone or in the long run you will be worse off as far as bettering your game. Good luck to everyone.
    ~Always have faith, believe in yourself, and look forward and you can achieve anything you want~

good players get lucky too and that's a huge help of course you want to be 'good' but luck def helps along the way and im not just talking about suckouts here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12