Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63538.85

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you know when to fold or not to fold

Through my experience in playing poker for the past 2 years, I see many reasons to call a bluff, or a hand you know you have that is great. Still these are some possibility that it's not the greatest. Do you call or do you not? We all know pocket AA and KK aren't the best. Even though they are, they still get cracked. I had pocket threes once. On the flop hit trips. How would I know that some might already had the straight or higher trips. It's just unbeleivable how things can happen when luck doesn't come your way. Well the question is do you call it all the way down or do you raise it.

Experienced Member
    ive certainly done that! ive started folding small pairs 2 - 4 sometimes...

But i always fold pairs below 6 if i dont get trips after the flop!!

Else it is just lost money - unless off cause u have straight or flush chanches

Hairless-Nut
    Who hasnt? in tournaments a hand like 88 or 99 is the death of me, if i raise i feel pot commited and play the hand out.....and sometimes overplay and overpay

Sergeant
    the question may be how long in the tourny do you want to survive and are you near itm one thing i find people not doing is folding when they know the board doesnt agree with the pocket pair they are holding if you have to spent chips to chase your hand then most times you should fold and not call the bets that are being throw around chances are he's not bluffing and u lose chips and the chance that u hit ur trips on the turn or river means he has had the same chances to hit his str or flush which usally hit on the river out of no where best bet is to fold then to chase in my opinion

I just hate low PPs, and if I hit a set on the flop, I feel like I am going to be all in no matter what.

Sergeant
    in poker most times its the wisest to take what ya can get from who ya can ya dont always have to put all all ur chips in the pot to win wisest players protect themselves and its so much fun when ya slow play a really good trips or know when to fold them when they are beat without losing ur stack but thats called survivial always remeber how bad do u want to make itm and or the final table dont rush in play the players at the table not just your cards

Zab
    I think getting some software and keeping track of players really helps as well.

"Know your opponents" put them on a range of hands
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Knight
    Persoanlly, I LOVE to bluff, so most of the time I stay in. I almost always stay for the first flop, then I know if I am in or out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See, I can't bluff. I just have this mentality that I AM ALWAYS GOING TO GET CALLED. I feel like people can see right through me and it drives me nuts.

PokerOwned God
    It really comes down to how the other player thinks, once you know how they play it's fairly easy to tell if they're bluffing or not. The play back feature really helps, as you review the hand from the other person's point of view and try and understand what they're probably thinking. After awhile you can stick a note on them and have a fair idea on how they play. However there's always those times where you just have to call and hope you have the best hand.
    Proud member of the National Panda Republic - What you do not wish for yourself, do not do to others.
    MSN: [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast