Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to Play JJ

Knight-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinselok View Post
    JJ is fool's gold, it rarely beats the bigger starting hands and eventho it looks great...its almost rendered useless with any higher paint on the flop. I read that slow playing them results in the smoothest pots and adjustments, plus there isnt much of a tell to what kind of power you were holding for the rest of the table to pick up on. Alot of ways to play them thats for sure, outside of AQ...they are the toughest hand for me to play/win with.
    i'm gonna have 2 try playing them like that. it sure hasn't been workin 4 me very well the other ways i've played them. as 4 a-q, doyle brunson always says that he does NOT play that hand if sumone raises.

Sergeant
    i win bet 4-6 BB preflop to see opp's reaction

Knight-Lieutenant
    Out of position i limp. In position i raise 3-4xBB

Sergeant
    Raise and play the hand like AK. If the flop comes out with no overs play aggressively, if overcards come play it like you would AK missing.

Corporal
    All-in This is my favorite hand

Master Sergeant
    i believe theres many different ways of playing any hand wheather its jj AA 910 it all depends on your table and how comfortable you feel with slow rolling or raising. there shouldn't be no standard way of playing a hand like this as every table is filled with different types of players... use your judgement and go with what you feel will win you the maxium amount of chips!

PokerOwned Pro
    jacks is not a garbage hand, its just a tricky hand to play. A lot of factors come into play like what kind of table your playing, how deep the stacks are, whats your position at the table etc. if you are late in a tournament, the blinds are high most of the stacks are shallow, most of the time jj is the solution to your conundrum. you push everyone folds, or you push get a caller from a more desperate stack or you get called by a better hand. sometimes you lose lots of the time you take down a large pot. if its early in a tournament or you are playing a deep stacked cash game i like to slowplay it one third of the time and push 4-5BBs the other two thirds in the best interest of a mixed strategy. If the flop comes one overcard, most of the time a c bet is worthwhile. if two overcards, generally shut down. But again a lot more factors come into play like how many players saw the flop. who is aggressive who is passive, who is winning who is losing

Corporal
    why fold?! just call and look flop

Private
    Well, jacks can be tricky, indeed. I used to lose like 3/4 with such a hand against KKKs and QQQs all the time. Untill AJJ on the flop came with JJ in hand against an aggresive opponent I small raise, he reraises big, turn comes I check and he goes all-in, I call. That owned.

PokerOwned Master
    Hi, Cood!! Im my opinion, JJ is a premium hand...But itīs depends the another moves in the table...GG!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345