Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64290.75

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Moderator

How do you swing?

Just curious to know how you guys swing with your bankroll. Share specific stories, or general averages. On average, I only do well for 2-3 days, then it's at least 2 weeks of horrible losses, then cycle repeats. I've hit 2 months of sick losses twice as well.
    I also would like to hear tips on those who swing less volatile and how they do it.
    Sometimes we feel alone in our sick down-swings. Wanted to create this thread to show we're all in the same boat. And also, I'm bummed right now, and wanted to take a break, lol.

Banned
    i like to build my bankroll up high then go on tilt and lose it all

PokerOwned Veteran Peteyweestro's Avatar
    I think it tends to even out but you do go through good streaks and then bad streaks also, the worst bad streak i was ever on lasted only like 2 1/2 weeks where no matter what i did or how i played a hand i couldn't win nothing. I do love those swings of good sessions though
    All money ain't good money......
    and all bitches ain't female neither !

Sergeant
    I am currently trying to build my bankroll. When I have about $10 or $20 dollars, I still only like to play the $0.11 bumblebee tournaments. I try not to spend it all in one place. Once in a while, I might try the $2.20 tables but if I see that I'm on a losing streak, I just go back to the lower tables. Been on a losing streak a lot lately and it's starting to really bother me. I will have a good hand, and then lose on the river, to another player who plays off-suited, crappy cards.

PokerOwned Master
    funny, im currently in the process of getting my br snatched right from under me by some donks on merge... chasers get lucky all too often

PokerOwned God
    Thread title lead me to think this was going to be something else ...

Poker swings do happen to everyone. Its probably best if you view poker as one long session. If you're winning/losing for the short term it really makes little difference in the long term. Things tend to balance out over time. Assuming you are playing fundamentally sound poker most of the time.

PokerOwned Moderator
    Thanks for sharing. Keep them coming. I enjoy reading these and knowing I'm not alone. Right now, I'm $200 down the hole. I'm trying not to tilt really really hard.

I play like balls in Micros now hehe, but sometimes it's up $1000 and later down to $300 shit happend lol.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

most(not all) last a few days,,,thank god,,,like today,,,screwed over quite a few times...
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Corporal
    I always have bad swings in poker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast