Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63808.53

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Corporal

How do you handle a bully?

I found myself card dead for about 500+ cards, as this didn't change before I quit for the day.

Anytime that I got a decent preflop hand and raised, an opponent (not the same one each hand) shoved all-in.
    If I was the BB I could cold call and see a flop. If I flopped a pair and bet, my OP reraise all-in.

This continued the entire session. All bets were reraised all-in. I was never dealt a pair larger than 8, no suited aces, no aces larger than 7, and no K's stronger than 9. Best flop I saw was (KQ)- flop K Q 10. He had AJ, I believe as I laid it down after he came over top my large reraise.

So the question is what do you do at a table with no cards, when every raise you put in becomes a decision for all your chips?

This was a 5NL deepstack table

If I was that card dead, I usually just call it a night. No sense in losing more money hoping for things to get better

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Only way to beat is a bully is to be a bully. You can't really do anything if you are card dead though. Just try to pick up on your opponent's betting patterns and make a move when the opportunity presents itself!
    You check, I bet. You raise, I re-raise. You go all-in, I fold.
    "Ya prozach makes a good point" - Zab

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Smack the piss out of ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

If you did nothing but flat call and fold when you are re raised what do you think is going to happen. If you dont want to be a bully yourself then you dont have to be. But you have to let them know you wont be pushed around and your not afraid to get all your chips in the middle

In a cash game, I will wait it out as there is no blind increase, and will raise only with something I am prepared to be put all in with. which I will 4 bet and see where it goes.
    In a tournament, the early stages I will let them do it, but when the blinds get higher I will shove all in back with marginal hands, they will usually fold.

Elite PokerOwned Member joshtheking's Avatar
    bullys I just wait untill i see them reraise a hand against my killer hand and i push allin usally they fold but they also stop trying to steel yoour chips!
    FORGIVENESS IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!THATS RIGHT THE KING IS BACK AND THIS TIME FOR GOOD SO DONT GET COMFORTABLE ,YOU BETTER PLAY TIGHTER.

Elite PokerOwned Member CoolJakeB's Avatar
    Only way to deal with a bully is to fight back, works the same way at the poker table. Make your stand with your best hand and hope it holds, if not, get them next time.

It depends if the bully has a large chipstack or not. If they don't i wait and watch them hang themselves, if they have a large stack I wait for the best oppurtunity to make the best move possible.

If you are card dead it's hard to do anything,,,sooner or later you may have to play suited connectors , or suited one-gapper,,,,and hope for the best...
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast