Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64815.71

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Experienced Member
    I lean towards a fold myself.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Let me just start by saying this is a $215 buy in and pwnasaurus is a winner up there. If he is raising the river for VALUE, I'm 100% crushed.

The blocker bet was awkward, but it saved me from going broke. Could he have made a blocker bet raise bluff to take it? I kinda doubt it, right? He has to have a set of AA, KK, or QQ I think?

Would he turn AJ, A10, or KQ into a bluff?

Unfortunately I had no way of figuring this out until giving up 85% of my stack.

Help?

How could I have lost LESS. That's what I'm most interested in..

(24/64 before this, 32 make money and folding leaves me with like 8-9k behind...)

This is a tough one....because you're getting a great price, but how often are you ahead hmm AA KK QQ are all in his range....he is a nit so we can assume he doesn't turn JJ into a bluff. I mean the toughest spot is the river like why are you putting a blocking bet out? what hand that he's been betting that he decides to call instead of shove this river with. You said he's a nit so is he capable of triple barrel bluffing if you check? the blocking bet is tough because your betting for value in a way because you feel like he calls with a worst hand, but what is the worst hand? like I don't know what kind of hand that is going to be worst then your hand here that takes this line before the river from a nit. I mean I don't know him and wasn't there but I say its a fold.

Wow wait the blinds are 125/250 and you 4x'd it to 3 bet a 4x'd raise yeah easy check fold on river, and possibly on the turn now that I think about. I'd probably just min raise preflop then 4 bet or flat depending on his image based on his flat. i think your biggest error was the sizing preflop. Like most pros aren't going to 3 bet a 4x raiser wide. I think min raising is fine because with todays meta game in poker especially higher levels ppl are folding to min raises and do 3 bet them wider where you can 4 bet or flat there and play post flop. then after the flop I'd check call.....the turn check call....the river check/call or fold depending on what i think the player is capable of doing....heck i could check raise the flop if he has weaker aces in is 3 betting range. but yea wit the 4x'd raise his hand is basically face up as AA or KK so the turn is a spot you could fold for that reason but yea its an easy check fold the river because his range is so tight like I think the worst he would 3 bet a 4x'd raise is AKs

Elite PokerOwned Member joshtheking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fabolous987 View Post
    This is a tough one....because you're getting a great price, but how often are you ahead hmm AA KK QQ are all in his range....he is a nit so we can assume he doesn't turn JJ into a bluff. I mean the toughest spot is the river like why are you putting a blocking bet out? what hand that he's been betting that he decides to call instead of shove this river with. You said he's a nit so is he capable of triple barrel bluffing if you check? the blocking bet is tough because your betting for value in a way because you feel like he calls with a worst hand, but what is the worst hand? like I don't know what kind of hand that is going to be worst then your hand here that takes this line before the river from a nit. I mean I don't know him and wasn't there but I say its a fold.

Wow wait the blinds are 125/250 and you 4x'd it to 3 bet a 4x'd raise yeah easy check fold on river, and possibly on the turn now that I think about. I'd probably just min raise preflop then 4 bet or flat depending on his image based on his flat. i think your biggest error was the sizing preflop. Like most pros aren't going to 3 bet a 4x raiser wide. I think min raising is fine because with todays meta game in poker especially higher levels ppl are folding to min raises and do 3 bet them wider where you can 4 bet or flat there and play post flop. then after the flop I'd check call.....the turn check call....the river check/call or fold depending on what i think the player is capable of doing....heck i could check raise the flop if he has weaker aces in is 3 betting range. but yea wit the 4x'd raise his hand is basically face up as AA or KK so the turn is a spot you could fold for that reason but yea its an easy check fold the river because his range is so tight like I think the worst he would 3 bet a 4x'd raise is AKs
    That is a tuff one it would have been hard for me to fold , I would have to try and see that bluff,but I think you made right choice by folding cause he could have also J 10 for a straight.
    FORGIVENESS IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!THATS RIGHT THE KING IS BACK AND THIS TIME FOR GOOD SO DONT GET COMFORTABLE ,YOU BETTER PLAY TIGHTER.

PokerOwned Pro
    I would have check raised him on the flop when you hit two pair. Checking every time and then just calling is showing a weakness (in my eyes). Letting him know you have a solid hand...or are chasing a solid hand. Establish that you have him beat from the get go

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234