Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66442.28

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ^^^+1 i hate merge the way the do HH, hard to tell if oop for me lol given that ya lead out the flop for sure, checking to me seeing you called preflop smell like mid PP, and with no check raise def not a straight so AT, AK possible to put you on, any hand I could put you on is weaker then you had but allowed to exploit for a bluff
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    He's a nit, I thought he'd be super strong. Partly why I played so defensively.. Maybe I should fold preflop? That's so weak/tight though. My AQ is behind his range from the start tho.
    If your AQ is behind his range you had no business calling the reraise preflop, jus sayin...not criticizing obv just imo
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I was wondering about the 3 bet call with ace rag too....I'm out pre
    Like a puzzle with no edgez. 18:12 <PooffyFooffy> I miss Zab .!. 23:49 <RaiseWinPotFold> i miss invertedafro .!.

Quote Originally Posted by s810car View Post
    If your AQ is behind his range you had no business calling the reraise preflop, jus sayin...not criticizing obv just imo
    I mean I think? His 3bet was in early/mid pos. I guess folding preflop was my answer..

To the poster who suggested raising the flop to see how strong he is: the problem with raising to "find out where you're at" is that your opponent can just tell you exactly what he wants you to believe.

Personally I think I would check/call river. It depends a lot on stack size and his 3bet range though.
    Last edited by guttersn1pe; 05-07-2014 at 02:44 AM.

PokerOwned Master
    What's the stack sizes here? I'm not certain that his 3bet range includes A10 AJ KQ here because regularly he will just flat with those hands in position. He is repping a nutted hand so you are bluff catching in this spot.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Sometimes you play something as good as you could have in a given situation, but look back poking holes in your play that would not have been viable in past tense

1. How often do you min bet utg? If it's a decent amount and he has that information his raise could be for more information about the strength of your hand. Or if he knows you fold to bets and raises on later streets frequently, he could be setting you up for a bluff. Of course, he could also be playing a straight forward, solid hand. However, if he is a successful high stakes player, he is not just playing a straight forward nit game. He is making plays such as bluffs, but is doing an excellent job of not showing them.

2. Even though the flop was coordinated, it hit your hand fairly well. If you weren't prepared to play in a flop like this, it may be better to fold your hand pre-flop in the future when you're playing similar situations. If you're playing defensive and tight, this would have been the best move. You have a good, but not great hand, OOP against a tight opponent.

3. By check calling the flop, you have no information on your opponent. He has position on you and could simply be making a bet because of the weakness you showed by checking. The way you played the entire hand looks weak by check calling the flop and turn, and then the bet on the river looks like a poorly timed bluff attempt. You gave him full control. There are 2 ways you could tried to maintain control of the flop. A. Make a standard c-bet (my guess is that you would have been called, but at least you still have control). If you're raised, that shows way more strength than a bet to your check. However, I think the best move would be option B. a check-raise. Even a check min-raise will slow your opponent down unless you're dominated. The best way to avoid how much you lose in a pot is to use raises to gather information. If you make a check raise on the flop and get 3 bet, it's an easy fold. By controlling the size of the raise, you don't have to lose anymore than you lost by calling the turn bet, and you maintain control. It may also make you a tricky player to your opponent. He may try and 3 bet you later to try and steal when you are trying to extract value, or he may check a marginal hand out of fear of another check raise.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

Seasoned Veteran
    A/K and 10/J or even a set here is legit 100%. Easy fold. However I would have lead out first if he calls he's got a monster.

Post flop your only 16% to improve to a Fullhouse (if he has 10/J and flopped the Nuts) he's leading out most likely w A/K because he doesn't want you to hit a broadway if you have A/10 or A/J and are chasing a Gutshot or he already had the nuts.

When I analyze a hand post flop I start w the nuts and count backwards, then I compare my outs+% vs the 2 or 3 most likely hands possibly and compare like A/K vs A/Q you'd be 8% to hit a Q and fill up or if he had 10/J then 16% turn and 8% river. If he had a set of K your in a real bad spot.he bets out you'd need 5:1 pot odds to call which your not getting.
    Hands that beat yours
    1)10/J
    2)AAA
    3)KKK
    4)QQQ
    5)A/K
    6) on the turn 999

I'd over bet post flop but less then the total of the flop+turn combined and lead out, if he calls or raises your beat. See the turn if you don't fill up the he bets you fold...you lose less and get the info you wanted basically. 99% of players only bet when they have something unless your deepstack in a big tourney, don't give a player too much credit most players aren't that good to be bluffing especially Live, however online is diff... also I find its better to lose less on an occasional bluff by folding and shrug it off, then to be a Hero and call when they do have the nuts and lose the maximum (over the long term)

*i don't play online, only live tourneys where you have a full minute to think it thru if nessecary
    Last edited by Coach27; 05-09-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Seasoned Veteran
    test

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast