Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64182.19

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: high stakes

Banned
    Even in live cash games, it's not about money. It's only about the chips, and you can't be thinking about them representing some actual cash value. If you do, you'll never make it in any large stakes games. I'm not rich by any means, but I've played hundreds of hours of live poker in games where I had $2K to $4K of chips in front of me. They only represent chips at that point, and not really the actual cash value. If you have to think about them in a monetary sense, then lower your stakes until you can be comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by 19neverumind View Post
    Even in live cash games, it's not about money. It's only about the chips, and you can't be thinking about them representing some actual cash value. If you do, you'll never make it in any large stakes games. I'm not rich by any means, but I've played hundreds of hours of live poker in games where I had $2K to $4K of chips in front of me. They only represent chips at that point, and not really the actual cash value. If you have to think about them in a monetary sense, then lower your stakes until you can be comfortable.
    Couldn't agree with you more. If the game is within your bankroll and you feel comfortable playing then you shouldn't be getting overly nervous about a pot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12