Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70626.36

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bitcoins and the future of poker

So I have a wallett and am only not okay with linking my bank account

I want to know what are some alternative options for obtaining BitCoins and what you guys think are some of the better sites to use the coins at?

I also see you can purchase bitcoins via paypal but the upcharge looks pretty sick

Okay thanks in advance for any and all suggestions/comments/concerns

-mathkid

bitcoins are just an online currency that has no intrinsic value, very shady, and have been labeled "gold for nerds", Im staying away from them.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

PokerOwned Demi-God
    easiest way to buy is go to sealswithclubs.eu , the poker site which only deals with bitcoins, get a gdmp, and trade in their chat, you can cashout swc chips for btc. I don't think linking bank acc't with one of the top trading places is a prob, but if you are worried and want to do it that way, just open a separate acc't just for btc. If btc rises like gold, than i don't care if i'm a nerd.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MichMan View Post
    bitcoins are just an online currency that has no intrinsic value, very shady, and have been labeled "gold for nerds", Im staying away from them.
    It has vaule, whatever the market if trading them for, thats like saying stocks are shady and shouldnt be dealt with in any way because they go up and down .... still has some worth. You might loose some money the next day if they drop after you buy them but again you might make a good profit if they go up the day after you buy them. Sounds like stocks to me, am I wrong?

Experienced Member
    I woul absolutely love for poker sites to use bitcoins. then you could play on european sites and everything!

Quote Originally Posted by mathkid View Post
    So I have a wallett and am only not okay with linking my bank account

I want to know what are some alternative options for obtaining BitCoins and what you guys think are some of the better sites to use the coins at?

I also see you can purchase bitcoins via paypal but the upcharge looks pretty sick

Okay thanks in advance for any and all suggestions/comments/concerns

-mathkid

Lol buying BitCoins with PP.... that sounds like a scam. This is how I purchased BC's. I opened an account on Mt.gox. After I opened an account on Mt.gox I funded that through a 3rd party called Bitinstant. You can set up a transaction online and fund your Mt.gox account by using Bitinstant and paying for the transaction at a Walmart or CVS. Mt.gox-Bitinstant-Walmart-moneygram. The money you send via Moneygram goes to your Mt.gox account, and from there you purchase Bitcoins. You then have a code that corresponds to the BC's you purchased and can send them where you would like to. It sounds moderately complex, but once you check it out the process becomes much more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by LCDaBoss View Post
    It has vaule, whatever the market if trading them for, thats like saying stocks are shady and shouldnt be dealt with in any way because they go up and down .... still has some worth. You might loose some money the next day if they drop after you buy them but again you might make a good profit if they go up the day after you buy them. Sounds like stocks to me, am I wrong?
    I would stay far away from BitCoins atm. I bought and sold these and made a tidy little profit by both B/S and playing poker with them; however towards the end I lost some of the profit back with the crazy wild swings these coins have had. BitCoins peaked @ almost $270 with swings that gave me some serious whiplash. I think the chance to make a quick buck fueled an enormous speculative bubble that finally burst. I am not convinced however, that the currency has stabilized. I personally would avoid these atm to be honest. Take this from someone who is an econ minor, with a major in political science. The potential alos for the government to step in and "lean" on Bitcoin is also a major point of concern.

PokerOwned Master
    Never heard of this, but it's ok, not something I would consider. Where does one find out more read on this BitCoins ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    I would stay far away from BitCoins atm. I bought and sold these and made a tidy little profit by both B/S and playing poker with them; however towards the end I lost some of the profit back with the crazy wild swings these coins have had. BitCoins peaked @ almost $270 with swings that gave me some serious whiplash. I think the chance to make a quick buck fueled an enormous speculative bubble that finally burst. I am not convinced however, that the currency has stabilized. I personally would avoid these atm to be honest. Take this from someone who is an econ minor, with a major in political science. The potential alos for the government to step in and "lean" on Bitcoin is also a major point of concern.
    I thought the government couldnt touch bitcoins

PokerOwned Demi-God DocHo11idaze's Avatar
    they cant now, well who am i kidding, they can do whatever the want. but in theory, they have no control over them. But those people that became btc millionares when shit was at 270/btc and sold, can get effed by the IRS
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast