Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70411.13

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced Member

Angry There should be a law against it

OK

So im in the PStars $10 Freeroll, playing good ABC poker and really catch any hands i could do anything with other than treading water.

Good TAG style and we get down from 50 to 11 handed

I am seriously short stacked, like 2.8k vs 10k everywhere.

I hit TT in middle position so i come in for a small raise which gets called, fairly sure i am up against calling hands

So the board comes with a Q as the only paint

Late position checks to me

I have a decision to make here, the Blinds are at 200, shortly increasing and my 12-15BB stack is going to seriously become reduced.

I decide to go All in, the chances of me being beat are there, Qx or AA, KK, JJ but i saw a spot and i took it.

I got shut down by a Queen and thats life (the player in question had QJo, why he was in the hand even on a limp is probably down to the stack sizes more than anything)

OK, so getting beat - thats fine

What I dont appreciate is the FISH calls from the table because I went All in against the overpair.
    Sure, it wasnt the best action but it wasnt as if i was making this move with a heavy stack. I was short stack, had barely over 10BB and was soon going to have to pick my shove spot anyway so thought that was a nice gamble.

The fact is that im not a fish. I play good poker and each player at that table saw me play with top hands and nice tight play.

I don't appreciate the riddicule and since this is essentially a community where we are the ones that play these freerolls, the people I am speaking about could even be reading this post.

Even if they aren't, the point has to be made... Table abuse that is both inaccurate and rude is just not needed.

Yes, the fish that goes All in with 72 or calls your feeding bets through a minefield of overcards with his pair of 2s, lucks out on the river to make his set meanwhile your high hand gets cracked because to put him on such a fish hand is impossible to predict.

Donkeys, fishes (fish?) are in the game... sure. But if you notice a TAG player, doing his best to get ahead and ends up short stacked with very low BB/stack ratio, if he takes a gamble and it doesnt pay off, its not a fish play. Its not nice, its not ideal but its not a fish play.

The size of your stack has a serious effect on what hands you go in on and what risks you take.
    Anyone that has placed often and well in Hyper Turbos knows what i mean

All i can imagine is that the people in question (i wont name names) were either being rude for the sake of it or they didn't see the poker behind the move, either way I expected more from a smaller nit group of freerollers.

Sure, the Bankroll Mob FR, fish city and if i suck out or even get abused i can take it but i expected more from you guys

For shame!

im with the otherguy ure hand was dead the minute the Q dropped, small raise, or check woulda been better QJ whilst not brilliant is callable for a limp u deserved the ridicule man up and take it
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Experienced Member
    LOL nice to continue the abuse..

Sure the call might not have been the best but is trying to insult me as a beginner player (aka FISH) really the way to go

Just insult the call, tell me that i made a bad call

Small raise there would have indeed got me out of the hand, thinking back sure it might have been a better move but come on, i had 1/5 of my chips in on a simple 2 Bet, i was extremely short stacked and no way i would have made that move with a stronger stack.

The point i was trying to get to is that insulting someone inaccurately is just bad sportsmanship

Want to call my move bad, fine
    Want to call me a fish... think again mate

EDIT : It is not like i am looking for support from the chatbox for a bad beat, just that to riddicule someone for making a bad move with extremely limited options is a bit harsh. Just call the bet as bad. Thinking back the small bet might have been a better option but i wanted to put a semi-bluff out there as well. My play was extremely tight, i raised into the pot and i could easily have had AQ or even worse the other 2 Q's.

Whilst bluffing the larger stack is not the best move, i believed i had the fold equity to make the move

bottom line : insult the move not me
    Last edited by wlmartin; 11-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.

ok, if im reading this right all he did was call you a fish...right...dude look in the chat being called a fish/donk is the least of your worries, and besides you said ureself that the move you made was a bad one thus calling you a fish is about right, its the internet its a harsh place if your gunna get insulted over this id turn off your modem, seriously get a grip

Seasoned Veteran
    my advice to you to is don't be possesive with any card means any card( aa,kk,ak,aq,kq,...), and say no to bluffing and have patience in every situation and never take you loss in to your head it hearts.

yeah...sorry bro...but your hand was indeed dead with that Q on table, your nuts would had been another 10.........

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Experienced Member
    I rarely bluff, was on a semi bluff to either put myself on the Q for others but also that i didnt rate anyone having it

Like i said before, not defending the move... it could have been better and i doubt there is a single one of us that hasnt made a bad play once in awhile and got punnished for it.

I also do have a thick enough skin that aside from a tiny bit of venting on this forum, i dont care that much
    I really just expected a bit more class and consideration for a small members-only freeroll

Perhaps i expected too much

Quote Originally Posted by wlmartin View Post
    I rarely bluff, was on a semi bluff to either put myself on the Q for others but also that i didnt rate anyone having it

Like i said before, not defending the move... it could have been better and i doubt there is a single one of us that hasnt made a bad play once in awhile and got punnished for it.

I also do have a thick enough skin that aside from a tiny bit of venting on this forum, i dont care that much
    I really just expected a bit more class and consideration for a small members-only freeroll

Perhaps i expected too much
    yeah you did sounds like ure doin nowt but whine from this end

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swittie View Post
    yeah...sorry bro...but your hand was indeed dead with that Q on table, your nuts would had been another 10.........
    Indeed... thinking back Azreals advise of a small bet would have been better. Chances are that i wouldnt have been trapped since both of the other 2 larger stacks at the table were in and they would have played at each other but either way a raise or a queen would have given me the information i needed.

Sometimes a good info bet can get you off a hand but i was so short stacked, i dont think an A or K on that board would have thrown me off it. Would possibly have been better for me to move all in from the start as i would have got the laydowns i needed

Either way, you lives and learns... not here to moan that i got bad-beat or that the move was 100% ABC poker but the fish calls were just uncalled for is all

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    yeah you did sounds like ure doin nowt but whine from this end
    A good vent can do wonders to clear the pipes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast