Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63709.25

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knight-Captain

I Think I Need To Quit FTP.

Some of you might remember that I took like a week break cuz of the bad luck I was having on FTP. It doesn't seem as tho that helped. It's almost as if FTP is determined to make me deposit again, since I haven't deposited since 2009, surviving instead off of freerolls and small stakes games. In the past 3 days on FTP, out of about 750-1000 hands a day, I've had A-A only 5x, K-K only 3x, Q-Q once, and A-K only 4x. Out of the 5x I had A-A, I won the blinds 3x and the other 2x my opponents caught trips each time. 2x in a row they caught trips against my aces? Out of 4 tourneys tonight, I lost each of them in the following ways: 1) Lost w/ A-A to K-J off. He hit trips on flop. 2) I hit nut straight on turn, bet all-in, and was called by guy who hit flush on river. 3) pokerowned tourney, pocket 4's beat my pocket 10's. 4) My J-J was beat by A-8, by an ace on the river. I never slow play, so it's not like I'm letting ppl catch up to my hands. I'm just having terrible luck. It's really disheartening. Also, I'm not saying that I need great cards all the time to win. Last nite, in a FPCBR freeroll, I finished 16th out of 500 ppl w/ zero A-A, zero K-K, zero Q-Q, zero A-K, and only one J-J. I would've done even better than 16th place, but bagaam went all-in w/ middle pair, I called w/ top pair, and he hit trips on river. FML!!!

Banned
    I agree, FTP seems to rob me time after time. Almost doesn't matter how good a hand I have unless I hit a royal flush on the flop I am better off mucking.

Experienced Member
    The thing is, runs in poker can last a long long time. To put it another way... if you're playing cash you need around 100,000 hands to even know with a good confidence interval that you're a winning player. If you want to succeed at playing, you have to be ready to take the swings. Play with good bankroll management, and don't change your game, and you'll end up on top again in the future!

Knight-Lieutenant
    I am experiencing variance as of now. Will take a break from FTP too

Knight-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by ukigumo View Post
    The thing is, runs in poker can last a long long time. To put it another way... if you're playing cash you need around 100,000 hands to even know with a good confidence interval that you're a winning player. If you want to succeed at playing, you have to be ready to take the swings. Play with good bankroll management, and don't change your game, and you'll end up on top again in the future!
    I agree w/ a lot of what u said. Playing live poker, I just always tried to lose as little as possible during down swings and win as much as possible during winning swings. My luck at FTP, lately, has just gone to a level that I've never seen before. It was so bad that I actually took a week long break, but still nothing's changed. I'm starting to think that it might not ever get better, unless I deposit money. I always had incredibly great luck for a few days after depositing money, but would then go on a string of incredible bad beats until I had lost everything that I had won plus the money I deposited. That's why I quit depositing. Anyways, thanks for all the responses everyone.

Knight-Captain
    Maybe my luck is changing. I just won $40 in a $2 tourney, came in 3rd out of 159 ppl. Funny thing is, I was catching a bunch of big pocket pairs early in the tourney, but didn't really make much off of them. I got all the way down to 465 chips w/ 35 ppl left, then clawed my way back w/o any big pockets at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Apostasy_666 View Post
    I agree, FTP seems to rob me time after time. Almost doesn't matter how good a hand I have unless I hit a royal flush on the flop I am better off mucking.
    I felt like this 5 days outa 7 last week but it keeps drawing me back due to it being the best software.

Knight
    I think that all the sites of poker is a same...you have to be in a good time in the right place to win something big!!!
    Cosmin B.

PokerOwned Veteran
    keep playing good and youll eventually be back on the plus side

DONT TILT

PokerOwned Pro
    Don't deposit. Try using the pokerowned freerolls. Its ok as long as you dont deposit $25 and lose it all. If you win $3 in a freeroll for instance, then lose it all you didnt lose any money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast