Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70664.38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran

hellmuth white magic

anyone know what hellmuth's white magic is about?

PokerOwned Veteran
    i have seen it on espn and his nbc heads up final with mike

Phil Hellmuth is one of the best. But hes kinda lost a little of his touch with these newer age players playing A rags and K rags, seems like these days you dont just play premium cards mainly

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Its simply him trying to sell people mumbo jumbo on reading ability skills. Something that you have to have a gift for to begin with. If you have the gift it can be developed if you don't you can't.

Experienced Member
    I personally still like Phil as a player and I think he ends getting called a lot more than he should be in MTT because of the bad nature reputation he made for himself. I almost feel like everything he's done and all the blows up we've witness have all been calculated. You know what they say about this white wizards...

they cast white magic

PokerOwned Master
    Phil Helmuth is the lilg of real life, lots of whining some winning but always more whining

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    There is no question Phil is a great player. You dont win 12 bracelets without being a great player. Regardless of the critics you can't take that away and no one else does. Till they do its undisputed he is a great player.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDeepStacks View Post
    Its simply him trying to sell people mumbo jumbo on reading ability skills. Something that you have to have a gift for to begin with. If you have the gift it can be developed if you don't you can't.
    also him being able to get away frm cooler hands pre that others call standard IE KK vs AA

PokerOwned Veteran
    Thankfully It Isn't The Same White Magic Stu Ungar Used To Have! haha
    RIP to him, one of my faves!!

Helmuth was a BIG Harry Potter fan - honestly, I think he always wished he could do magic, and he might actually believe that he is a magical being. It fits his megalomaniac personality

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast