Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70841.68

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Heads up

PokerOwned Master
    i love heads up it's on game merge can't screw you up with the bs

PokerOwned Veteran
    raise the button every time. it doesn't matter what your hand is 90% of the time. i play lot of heads up sit n gos on party poker. and i wouldn't advise playing tightt otherwise you're just gunna get crushed.

Usually, by the time a tournament reaches heads up, the blinds are huge and swings are great. You really can't afford to give away all your buttons. Defend it and don't become passive and let your opponent take advantage of you. Past that, there are a lot more swings and one double up for example with a 2:1 chip lead would allow you to become a 1:2 underdog, so time your shoves carefully. I like just doubling the bb. All some people will be dumb enough to call out of position marginally if they are fish, so you have to be willing to check fold 2 bbs if you are playing against a fish since getting them to fold a marginal hand whether they are an aggro or passive fish is kind of useless.

My advice: if you're playing against a decent player, 2 bb as a standard unless you have like 7/4 off type garbage early on. If you're playing against a passive fish who will just call bets, play small as possible preflop and try to force stacks once you hit a top pair or better type hand. And against an aggro fish who just never folds, just wait for a premium hand.

The deeper heads up you go and the bigger bb to stack ratio is, the more lightly you can permit an all in situation marginally. Aka 5 bbs equals shove any K, even if you're chip leader, but 10 bb allows you to wait for an A to do such.

Hope this helps a little. I'm not pro, but I play a lot of heads up.

JBD
    Heads up can be tough, play the good hands for sure!

Banned
    It most depends on the other player but more than not you should stay agressive if you wanna win. Im a heads up beast.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234