Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is this hand totally unavoidable? WWYD?

Ok I have AQ suited on the button. UTG+1 raises 2.5x and we are @ 40-80. 5k starting stacks. I would post HH but I cant locate it. I have 8k and the utg+1 villain has 7k and is fairly standard in his play, maybe capable of opening a little wide..... but not overtly crazy. Well his open gets 2 callers.... on me on the button. pot size atm around 1k. WWYD?

I will post the post hand results 4 more analysis in a minute. I just dont want people 2 be resilts oriented.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Not a hard decision at all...

You have no value in 3 betting esp with 2 callers to his open and these games are played sooooooo deep and its soooo early... 3 betting puts you in a terrible spot post flop.

Its a simple flat on button see a flop then depends on what happens post flop what your next move is.

If you have any information on the two guys who called his open might even make it a simple fold, but I would flat and see a cheap flop and take advantage of post flop play.

Yeah that's exactly what I did, even though I am not 2 enamored with calling multi-way..... and I am not enamored with folding AQ suited. Here is where it becomes a bitch. Flop comes A82 rainbow. I flop great and have a backdoor flush draw spades. I lead 40% pot after it is checked 2 me. Utg+1 villian folds, and I get called by a flatter in mp. Obviously I feel good about AQ. My image is pretty aggressive as I had run up to 9k in 30 hands with no major confrontations, and not a lot of showdowns. Turn peels a 7 spade. Obviously changes nothing other than giving me nut outs if he has a set. Either way I am content getting it in, so I set up a river shove with another turn bet. River is a 10 and I think damn..... because I thought he had either a qj10 or 9 kicker..... or a set that I can do nothing about. Anyway he checks and I bet enough 2 put him all in, and he shows up with A10. It's just impossible @ the low stakes 2 play low variance lines and win these donkaments. I mean I feel like I never get action frop opener with worse..... and I seem 2 always get fucked by playing optimally. I feel opener had something good which is why I flatted. Am I over analizing a bad beat.... or does folding AQ actually have some merit?

Why bet river? Considering you even thought "damn" when the river came a 10.
    Last edited by Prawney; 08-25-2012 at 02:12 PM.

PokerOwned Pro
    Yeah dont see any point in putting him all in on the river. You are only going to get a call from a hand that is better then yours generally, unless he is already pot commited.

Well when he checks river Its difficult 2 believe he rivered 2 pair. I was just putting him on either a hand that was a set or a weaker A. Either way.... you have 2 get max value on hands, and it is absurd 2 think he would check a hand like 2 pair considering what was in the pot. If he had a set gg. Just unlucky he had A10.

He checked and let you hang yourself. Pretty standard play. The getting max value i dont understand. You cant bet the river for value because hes unlikely to call with a weaker hand. You had showdown value but decided to bet and ended up losing alot more than you needed to in that hand.

Sure you gotta get max value but you also gotta try and lose as little as possible when your beaten

Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    He checked and let you hang yourself. Pretty standard play. The getting max value i dont understand. You cant bet the river for value because hes unlikely to call with a weaker hand. You had showdown value but decided to bet and ended up losing alot more than you needed to in that hand.

Sure you gotta get max value but you also gotta try and lose as little as possible when your beaten

Lol let me hang myself? Are you insinuating that if he bets river i should fold? He would have had to put me on a total bluff, which is highly unlikely given the action. Because if he thought I had a hand like I did he would logically bet the river. Its just unlucky he had rivered 2 pair...... but I was calling his river shove anyway.... so if he checks it is illogical 2 not get value from hands like AJ A9 or who knows what else. If he is bad enough 2 have called mp with A10 and proceed.... then he is bad enough 2 pay me off with weaker holdings.

Check the river.......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast