Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

HAND SCENARIO Vol. I

Would you shove 72 off suit in this situation? Was it a "good play"?

Its the final table, with 8 players left. Blinds are 500/1000 (50 ante), I was under the gun with 4675 chips, and dealt QcQd, pretty standard shove in that situation. It gets folded around to you, the big blind with 7s2d,. You have to call 3675 into a pot that is now 6575. If you call and lose you can barely cover the small blind and antes next hand. If you muck you have 5 or 6 hands before you're the big blind again.

Do you muck, knowing you have a whole round of hands before the big blind comes around? Or do you call and pray?

I got called, and the board proceeded to put 4 spades out there for the 7s2c to win. He/or she defended it saying they couldn't "let me get away with it uncontested". Now, I know I want this call all day long, but not that time. I dont think this player would of called if he knew his odds were barely 11% to win, compared to my 89%.

But what would you do?
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

PokerOwned God
    I am folding 72 everytime in that situation. Calling with that is like giving up.

Seasoned Veteran
    Doesnt everyone shove 72o? Seems like a logical shove to me. He clearly didnt want you to gain an edge over him by giving you the walk hhaha

I saw this, and almost puked

Banned
    3675 to win 10250 is paying 35.8% of the pot. 72o vs a hand like AQo wins about 32.5% of the time. With a huge stack say 20k-25K this is a very loose call that can almost be justified if he is hoping to have two live cards. However it is always a -EV call. The problem is when 72o faces an overpair his 32.5% win goes down to about 11%. Therefore this is never the right call with a big stack, and absolutely the wrong call with a shortstack.

PokerOwned God
    I would've folded and waited for a better spot. Brutal beat though, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharking View Post
    3675 to win 10250 is paying 35.8% of the pot. 72o vs a hand like AQo wins about 32.5% of the time. With a huge stack say 20k-25K this is a very loose call that can almost be justified if he is hoping to have two live cards. However it is always a -EV call. The problem is when 72o faces an overpair his 32.5% win goes down to about 11%. Therefore this is never the right call with a big stack, and absolutely the wrong call with a shortstack.
    your pot odds math is a little off, the pot wasn't 10250 yet . he had to call ~56% of the pot(which is even worse) other than that, you're dead on.
    Last edited by MichMan; 10-23-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Itsa tough laydown, hes only got 3.5BBs n 3 once he goes thru the SB. in most tourneys, not neccasarily in PO games, UTG w/6BBs is probly shoving ATC so hes probly got 2 live ones. In these tourneys tho w/most ppl waiting for premium hands to shove then i can maybe find a fold. Any other game w/3.5BBs, n even in these, i think i gotta call.

Now if he has already sat back n not made any other plays to try n chip up n has just been blinding out then id probly say itsa bad call. If he just got short or has been short n has been shoving already to chip up then its not.

I guess what im trying to say is if he knows y he did it then itsa good call, if hes just a donk n just called to call then u can call it how u see it.

I would defnitely laid down the 72 in this situation. Very donkish call if you ask me.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    what you didn't mention was is this a po fr or a real game. Cause imo, comes down to what payout jumps are. His chances of moving more than 1 spot are slim if he folds anyway, but if its a real game and thats a decent jump in pay then definately i'd say he should fold, if po fr and jump is 50 cents, then maybe he sees it as long shot to double and have a shot to go a little deeper. But 72 is 72

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast