Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64202.36

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The grind

Experienced Member
    I love these posts keep them up in the future. Good progress.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SittinPerty View Post
    Not bad!!! keep it up!!
    Ty Ty Ty.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slideezez View Post
    hopefully youve been doing well, the bankroll grinding isnt at all the fun part, the fun part is grinding after you have rax
    I like the grind. The agonies of striving are what it is all about. And when you finally have success it makes it that much sweeter. I hope when I look at these posts five years from now, that I will be far more successful than I can even imagine. Hopefully we all will be right lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by k9thedog View Post
    I love the grind. if im up then im out thinking people and I love it
    There is nothing like the feeling after a big win. You feel invincible and it is amazing lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Squanto View Post
    I love these posts keep them up in the future. Good progress.
    Ty Ty Ty. I feel like things are only going to get better. Hopefully I will have some good results to post.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Another small win.

Saturdays have been my bread and butter. It's by far my most profitable day. So it is a little disappointing it was only a small win. But like I have said in previous entries, that a small win is far better than any loss. It was a good session. I didn't fluctuate that much. I was never down more than $50 and was never up more than $50. I wound up ending the session with a $27 win. But this was the second win in a row and hopefully the beginning of a big streak. I am not sure what my plans are for the wsop circuit yet. I was hoping to play this weekend but after talking to the wife, she wants to hang out Friday and Saturday. Women are the rake lol. So this weekend is up in the air. It might be for the best because taking a shot in a bigger tourney and missing would suck. I am not sure what I will do yet. I will figure it out and it will be fine. There are plenty of tourneys to play this year. Missing this weekend wouldn't be so bad but I have had some pervious success in circuit events and thought this could be a breakout event. O well, I will keep this thread updated with what I choose to do and how it goes. Until then, good luck and see you on the felt.

Seasoned Veteran
    hell yea every poker player needs to set goals and stick to the plan . I wanna play in the wsop but gotta start small bcuz i dont have the money to be playin big buy ins.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bsam View Post
    hell yea every poker player needs to set goals and stick to the plan . I wanna play in the wsop but gotta start small bcuz i dont have the money to be playin big buy ins.
    Bankroll management is everything. I know several good poker players who are regularly out of action because of poor bankroll management. They take too many shots. They play above their roll. They go broke. Start small and grind it up. That's what I am trying to do. Good luck!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Finally a three figure win lol

After collecting a bunch of small wins, I finally have a decent win. I played my usual 6-12 oe game the other day. It was a tough day for me. I battled through and I am so glad I stuck it out. Originally, I had dinner plans with my in laws but because they were cancelled, I was able to play a little bit longer than I normally would. That was a huge turning point. Had I left when I was suppose to, this entry would have been completely different. I was getting crushed. My first three hands, aa26, a236, and kk23, got hammered. I hit good flops, got many bets in ahead, and lost every single one. Quickly, I ws down $200+. Then I got whittled away further after some bad beats to down $500. I tried not to get down on myself, but it was really frustrating. I was playing solid poker and the payoff was not there. But, patience is a virtue and I stuck it out. I went on a nice run and took down a couple big pots. 2 hours later I was up $102 and called it a day. It was my third winning session in a row. It felt great to have a winning streak after the March I had. It has given me some confidence going forward and makes me optimistice for the summer and Vegas. As for the circuit, I have come up with a plan. It does not appear like I have the time or bankroll to play their big events. The Easter holiday has me committed to family and I do not want to disappoint them. And buying in for a big tourney without regard to proper bankroll management scares me. So I have decided to play some of their cheaper events, satellites, and survivor events. I will play one more cash session before I take on this next quest. Hopefully I can make it four in a row winning sessions heading in to tournament play. I am feeling good and I am playing good (well for the grammar police lol). I believe this could be my jumping off point. This could be the beginning of where it all starts to come together. In any regard, good luck and see you on the felt.

Experienced Member
    all right finally placed in top 3 on a free roll. now to take this one down and buy into a tourney for real money later tonight.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast