Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70102.83

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Good work, U.S. Government...

Several pro poker players are moving out of the U.S. and countless more are hitting the unemployment line. Yet another consequence of shutting down the 3 largest worldwide online poker sites:

After Poker Websites Shut Down, U.S. Pros Mull Move Abroad - TIME

In an economic climate where every tax dollar is sacred, it is good to know that our government continues to push out its wealthy tax-payers. Also, with a potential decline from 10,000,000 online poker players down to roughly 2,000,000 who regularly play, it seems to me that there is a significant increase in unemployment in a country so badly in need of jobs.

Maybe this witch hunt could have waited or, better yet, not have happened at all thanks to a successful and profitable legislation and taxation of these poker behemoths...

But what do I know. I am just a dude on a poker site. I would strongly suggest writing your politicians if you agree this is a waste of government time and resources. They should be getting employers in to the states, not pushing them out!

gefishy
    Last edited by gefishy; 05-10-2011 at 11:32 AM.

I don't know what to said, but those that already make profite in US still continue playing live poker, it's still legal to play live poker.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

That is a good point PBB, but there are online pro's who make a living by multi-tabling which is very hard to reproduce in a live setting.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Government ... likes to get their hands on erythg... Did u noe that some states require a license for flower arrangement..?

Knight
    I thing that US Government is doing a good job...is the best gov in all the world mayby,and honest!
    Cosmin B.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Interesting news indeed, I think it will go on like this

Great job,,,Doh, 2 diget unemployment, gasoline 4 dollars a gallon, 30 million wetbacks in the country sending no telling how many thousands of dollars back to mexico per week...have you ever seen the lines at a Western Union on a Friday??? OH, yea they are doing a great job....
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Banned
    hey us gov...F YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    stuck on this carbon bullcrap

Sergeant
    Ok, all I gotta say to all this goverment crap, RON PAUL 2012! VOTE FOR HIM OR GARY JOHNSON! lol they will change the world......and maybe legalize pot so i can smoke a bong and not go to jail for it.

Now you can be mad over the wetbacks not paying in there taxes and living here but in a world where every rich person in america pay hardly any to no taxes at all you cant blame the gov for wanting that money here. Im just shocked it took them so long to do this. Shouldve been done a long time ago and regulated and taxed. That and there is no one that over sees these sites to make sure they are legit. The KGC is a joke and to think the rng actually gets audited is pretty naive. I for one will be happy to see it come here and have legit companys watch dog over the online poker sites. WAY TOO MANY BAD BEATS per 100 hands vrs live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast