Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70456.89

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cool Get Involved!! (Contest!!!)

UPDATE!! UPDATE!!

Everybody seems to be confused on this so let me be clear:

This is not just a U.S. promo. Read under the heading "What if I am not a U.S. Citizen?" below. Also, if you don't post your photos in the http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f2/...html#post45272, it will not count as an entry.

Remember you have until July 4th at 11:59PM CT to get this done! Don't ignore your chance for 250 points!

END OF UPDATE

Afternoon everyone!

It's been a while since I have had a contest so I figured, why not now??

There is new poker legislation that is currently under congressional review. You can read more about this by Googling: Joe Barton, Poker, Legislation, H.R. 2366, or anything similar. Also check out the PPA (Poker Players Alliance) here: Poker Players Alliance

I think, as an American citizen, we have an obligation to act when there is something like this that is near and dear to our own personal interest. This responsibility is a cornerstone of our democracy and one that makes the United States one of the greatest countries on earth (no offense to my non-U.S. friends ). The fact of the matter is that most people don't have this same patriotic zeal so...

CONTEST TIME!!

How to enter?

1) Click on this link: PPA: Action Center to send an e-mail to your local representatives saying that you want online poker in the U.S. It is easy, the e-mail is already completed (you can edit it if you wish) and you just need your contact info to ensure delivery to the correct representatives.

2) Take a screenshot of the page that shows you sent the e-mail. Make sure you remove any personal information that you don't want us to see! It should look something like this:

3) Post your photos to this thread: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f2/...html#post45272

What if I am not a U.S. Citizen?

You can still help those of us in the U.S. (and enter the contest) by doing the following:

1) Start a thread at another online poker forum.

2) In this thread, identify a call to action for those in the U.S. to get involved and send e-mails to their representatives. If you would like an idea or would like to see a similar thread look here: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f27...tion-4852.html

3) Take a screenshot of this thread and post it to this forum. Make sure you remove any personal information that you don't want us to see! Post your photos here: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f2/...html#post45272

What is the contest deadline??

The deadline for final submissions is Monday July 4th (good timing right?) at 11:59 PM Central Time. Winners will be chosen and prizes awarded sometime within that week.

What can I win??

Glad you asked!! Every valid entry that you submit counts as one (1) entry to a final prize pool. At the end of the contest I will randomly select 3 entries and they will each win...

250 POINTS!

More importantly, you will help further a drive to get our country to legalize online poker. This is a prize that we can all win.

Rules:

Only one (1) entry per person, multiple attempted entries will be deleted and may lead to disqualification from the contest. For alternative entry method (Online forum thread creating), only the first unique entry will be accepted. Multiple threads created on the same site make PokerOwned look like a bunch of spammers and may end in your disqualification from the contest. This is a contest that is not sponsored by PokerOwned.com but is simply my own personal interest (that Zab sometimes indulges me on ). Do not bug any of the moderators or Zab if you have questions as they are busy doing their own stuff, I'm sure. Send me a PM or post your questions here. You must post your entries on the separate photo thread. This is my contest so if I choose to disqualify you for any other reason other than the ones listed, that is my purgative. If you know me, I'm not a mean person Just follow the rules!

Get involved, post your photos (either of completed e-mails or other online threads started), and help U.S. citizens get back to the digital felt (legally anyways)!

Thanks,

gefishy

p.s. if you have any questions, post them below or send me a PM. Again: Do not post your photos here as they will not count as a contest entry. Post your entries here: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f2/...html#post45272
    Last edited by gefishy; 07-01-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

PokerOwned Veteran
    wow! very good idea I am from the U.S. and hope to play at any site I choose, eventually...I'm down with this..I'm in..plz every1 not from the U.S/ we also need ur support to..... nice contest!!!!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Banned
    get fishy i sent the letter where is my points bud

Quote Originally Posted by poowoo12 View Post
    get fishy i sent the letter where is my points bud
    Read the rules: You need to put a screenshot of the page you see after you submit the e-mail. You must post the screenshot on this thread: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f2/...html#post45272

I have yet to see any photo submissions.

Also, this is a contest where you could win 250 points. If you win, you will be notified (probably via this thread) and you will get instructions on how to get your points (probably marketplace). Winners will be notified after July 4th (contest deadline) and points will be distributed later that week.

Read the thread before asking questions please!

get fishy
    Also, my name is "gefishy". It is literally the first thing you would have read at the top of the thread (as I am the original poster), it is how I signed the thread, AND it is located (with the correct spelling, no spaces) at the left side of this response. Not to be a jerk, just trying to make sure others don't make the same mistake on this thread...

Have a great day!
    Last edited by gefishy; 06-29-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Banned
    lol ok thanx buddy

PokerOwned God
    to much work for me ... rather spend half an hour doing surveys for 250 points . good contest for broke people though lol

Quote Originally Posted by RcktWrangler View Post
    to much work for me ... rather spend half an hour doing surveys for 250 points . good contest for broke people though lol
    It took me 5 minutes to do this. If you need proof of how little time it takes to do this, I guess I can do a YouTube video but... 3 steps!! Watching a video worth 7 points takes more time than it takes to complete this. Posting a screenshot requires a PhotoBucket (or similar) account, which is free, but that is the most difficult step.

More importantly than any number of points is that this bill would legalize online poker in the U.S.

There is no survey that can give you that.

lol ok thanx buddy
    Always happy to help

Banned
    i think this isnt cool since im not from usa

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast